Corsair Community

2x H100i Elite Capellix Failures in a week

DVT1980

I have bought 2 of these kits this week to fit to two seperate customers machines in my workshop. I have installed many of these kits in the past.

In both cases the controllers have literally smoked on first power on. The pump flashes red and burning smell from the controller is noticable straight away. The pump after that will work and fans are on but the ARGB side is dead and icue will not detect the controller. The controller had only the 2 fans supplied and the argb connectors connected to it along with 24pin and the usb header on MB and required Sata power. So basically just the kit no extra fans.

As mentioned before I have installed many of these kits and they are practically impossible to connect incorrectly without using excessive force on the connectors. They are not difficult to install.

What is going on? The kits were purchased from Amazon UK. There is clearly a bad batch of them. 

Edited by DVT1980

It can also happen if by mistake you plugged a SATA modular cable from another brand than Corsair. Since pinout is different it would smoke the AIO.

... or it could be a bad batch.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose not knowing the full history of the machines both being prebuilt machines. It is possible the suppliers changed a cable on psu. Although in one of the 2 machines a device is connected to the same rail and that device is fine which I would think more points towards dodgy batch of them. I just hope Corsair will replace the controllers as this is starting to cost me a small fortune in kits and the original jobs have ended up not worth taking on as they have cost more than they will return.