Corsair Community

Dim Solid Color RGB Case Fans in Lightning Node Core (iCUE 4000X RGB)

Hey y'all, I'm sure this has been brought up in the past but I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on.

My mobo is an ASUS ROG STRIX B560-G that came from a pre-built ASUS PC (in 2021 I wanted a 3080 and didn't want to pay a scalper)

I just bought this new Corsair 400X case on Amazon's Prime Day, plugged everything in, and the fans it came with barely display any color.  Even if I change the them in iCUE, still nothing happens.  Here's the troubleshooting I've gone through:

1) plugged 1 fan into the Lightning Node in each port, also trying both CHAS_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2 PWM ports.

2) updated iCUE software

3) downloaded Asus Armoury Crate

4) Enabled and disabled Asus Aura in BIOS

Below are pictures of what the case fans currently look like and where they're plugged into.  They use the Lightning Node for RGB and a Cooler Master Hub for power.  Even without the Hub I still get these results.

20220724_212450.thumb.jpg.4420d452f00fc438db476cb14e676f89.jpg20220724_213404.thumb.jpg.d53af9f8587cd2edb02d7f163ab179c1.jpg

13 hours ago, ShivinDargon said:

plugged everything in, and the fans it came with barely display any color.  Even if I change the them in iCUE, still nothing happens.

In your screenshot the fans appear to be running a standard color wave preset and the lighting intensity looks normal to me.  Can you elaborate on "barely displays any color" and if I change them in CUE nothing happens statements?  Does that mean you are stuck on that pattern?  The controls don't respond?  

Asus Aura/Armory Crate has no control over the stand alone Corsair RGB controller.  In this particular case, it doesn't matter and you can leave that one alone.  Fan motor power and the RGB lighting are two separate pathways, so you don't need to worry about the CM PWM controller either.