Corsair Community

RAM speeds stuck at 2133 even with XMP enabled

Hello, I currently have 64GB of ram using the Vengeance pro SL RGB. I am using 4 sticks, so all dimm slots.

For some reason I cannot get them to run at 3200 which is what they are rated for. They are stuck at 2133 even when I go into BIOS and enable XMP profile. It will not update even if I run at lower speeds. It is like it is locked at 2133.

I used to have 32GB of the same ram and could get it to the 3200 speed, and believe I had it at one time 3200 speed with 64GB. When I checked all the sudden I noticed it all changed, not sure when that happened or if it was due to an update or registry issue.

If anyone could please help that would be greatly appreciated!!

SPECS:

• Ryzen 5 5600x
  • MSI b550 Gaming edge wifi
  • Corsair Vengeance Pro SL RGB = 64GB

Troubleshooting:

• Changed DIMM slots
  • Changed XMP profile to any other speed
  • Had only 2 ram sticks in and change to any other speed.

Most users who wind up here believing the RAM is not set to XMP are reading the wrong line in their BIOS or OS level monitoring program and the RAM is at the expected frequency.  Where are you looking that shows you 2133 with XMP enabled?

A "XMP preset" is just that -- a preset.  It's a short series of values encoded on the RAM module.  It's either there or it isn't.  So if your motherboard is giving you an XMP option, it's there and readable.  The way in which those settings are applied is completely under the control of the motherboard BIOS, which will have additional rules based on series and CPU.  Your motherboard supports up to 128GB capacity and I would expect your CPU/MB combination to run 3200 MHz by default, not 2133.  

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

I am Seeing all of this from the Bios. I see A line with XMP enabled profile one and that is set to 3200. But when saving, I do Not see a change in either the Bios or through command prompt saying 3200.

It used to run 3200 speed when I first went into the Bios and enabled XMP and now I noticed That changed. 

• Administrators
On 7/23/2022 at 4:37 AM, TannerS said:

I used to have 32GB of the same ram and could get it to the 3200 speed, and believe I had it at one time 3200 speed with 64GB.

Did you have one kit and then added a 2nd kit?

What is the field in the BIOS where you're seeing 2133?