Corsair Community

Issue with ICUE/Commander Pro/Commander Core/Lighting Node Core.

to who ever helps or even drops a comment, thank you in advance. 

i have 12 fans in the case ( 5000D Airflow ) 

the 6 fans in the front/side are SP120 RGB PRO 120mm. 

i have a H150i ELITE CAPELLIX with a push/pull configuration , those fans are ML120 RGB Elite 120mm (the fans that came with the AIO) 

i have the 6 ML fans and the radiator connected to the commander core 

i have the 6 SP fans connected to the commander core/lighting node core 

both the commander core and the commander pro are plugged into different USB ports on the motherboard. 

ICUE shows " commander pro " but when you start messing with stuff it controls the stuff plugged into the commander core not the pro , the pro with the SP doesnt even show up in ICUE.

i am about 20 minutes away from launching this thing across the room , please help! i just wanna get everything in sync and get control of the SP fans. 

When the Commander Core is connected to the pump with that special wide cable, you should get a picture of the pump face plus the H150i Elite Capellix text.  When you enter that device page, it should have full controls for the pump and fan lighting, as well as pump and fan speed -- anything connected to the Commander Core.  If you connected fans to the small 6 port PWM hub in the back and then ran the control wire back to one of the Commander Core PWM headers, all of those fans will be controlled for speed from the Com Core as well on header #?.  You likely used this for the 6 push-pull on the radiator as there is no need for individual fan control there.  

The little circuit board version of the Lighting Node Core is just RGB control for the fans connected to it.  So that appears to be RGB for the SP-Elite only.  All other functions should be on the Commander Core (H150i Elite Cap).  

How does a Commander Pro fit into this?  Did you buy one for extra fan speed control?  I am not sure you need it at all if you can come up with 1 "two way" PWM splitter for two fans to share speed control on the Commander Core.  

Edited by c-attack

the commander pro has the SP fans connected to it , while in ICUE i can see the pump face , if i enter it , that controls the fans connected to the commander core , when i enter the commander pro it also controls the stuff connected to the commander core , nothing set up in ICUE will control the SP fans at all. i bought a commander pro before i knew anything about the AIO coming with a commander core , originally i was gonna go an entirely different direction. 

4 minutes ago, Steven King said:

when i enter the commander pro it also controls the stuff connected to the commander core

This should not be possible on a software or hardware level.  There is no device to device control between products and the USB passthrough on the Commander Pro is nothing more than a 3 way junction/splitter.  Most likely things may not be connected where you think, but we can try and troubleshoot it another way.  When you say it controls stuff connected to the Commander Core, does that mean speed control?  Or speed and lighting?

1) Do a repair install of CUE.  Windows Apps list -> Corsair iCUE.  Click on it and select "modify".  Follow the prompts.  This will NOT erase your profiles and settings.  If there is some crazy UI glitch going on, this generally helps and is a zero cost troubleshooting step.  

2) Commander Pro fan speeds.  The presets on the Commander Pro (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) do NOT have the same values and applications as those exact same names on the Commander Core.  In the cooling tab for the Commander Pro, go to the box in the lower left corner with the presets.  Click the yellow + to create a new "custom" fan profile.  Set it to 25%  fixed PWM or fixed RPM 800 (or any value you want).  Now change all the fans above to use the "custom 1" fan profile.

Right now the fans on the Commander Pro are going to pulse up and down with CPU temperature while using a scale meant for water cooling.  It will keep the fans racing near 1400 rpm at all times and make it hard to tell what is in control.  If you want to go ahead and get the ball rolling, go back to the variable curve setting for custom 1, change the sensor to H150i Elite Capellix Temp, then click on one of the shape tools in the lower right corner of the graph. Second from the left is the same "Quiet" as the Commander Core uses.  

3) I am trying to figure out a way for you to share the configuration (software or hardware) without a hundred pictures.  Lets try 1 and 2 first and see where things land.

I am taking this out for now since you don'/t have Commander Pro control.

Edited by c-attack

1 hour ago, Steven King said:

ICUE shows " commander pro " but when you start messing with stuff it controls the stuff plugged into the commander core not the pro , the pro with the SP doesnt even show up in ICUE.

OK, maybe I am starting to understand.  There is a phantom duplicate Commander Core while Commander Pro is not there at all.  

So.... if the CUE repair did not sort this, power down the system and unplug the USB for the Commander Pro.  If the Lighting Node Core is is piggybacking through the Commander Pro passthrough ports, it won't matter.  You want the Commander Core alone while initializing through the boot cycle.  

Once CUE loads, open up and verify one Commander Core, no phantom devices, set your Commander Core lighting to something else just to differentiate.  Now live plug in the USB for the Commander Pro.  See if it and the LNCore pop in.

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1