Corsair Community

Does iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX remember the light settings or should I setup them at every restart?

david1856

I am thinking to buy a Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX. 

When I turn off my PC, I turn off complete the electricity. Just I am worried about the led light. Does iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX remember the light settings? Or should I setup them at every restart or PC start when I turn on the electricity? For example if I want turn off the lights, then it will remember until I turn on again? Thanks for the response.

The H150i Elite Capellix has two lighting states. One is the “hardware lighting” state. This is a set of basic lighting saved to device. It is displayed whenever the CUE software is not running, like boot and shutdown. The other is the software lighting effects that are controlled through CUE and load with the program. These will take effect as the software becomes active at boot. This data is stored in the program and loads each time. 

Both should be immune to loss of power, but a very long disconnect might cause the HW lighting to revert to rainbow default until the software loads after boot.