Corsair Community

ICUE Setup 9 fan QL

Licio

Hello everyone, i have a question to ask, is it possible that icue does not manage effect such as infinity or pong on 9 fan QL in sync?

Anyone know how to get around this?

Thank you

My configuration

6 fan QL on lighiting node core n.1

3 fan Ql on lighting node core n. 2

2 lighting node core on commander pro usb

Commader pro on m/b usb

7 hours ago, Licio said:

is it possible that icue does not manage effect such as infinity or pong on 9 fan QL in sync

Unfortunately not.  Each "channel" or core device is a separate group.  So Visor, Pong, Infinity or any dynamic fan to fan sequential effect will only run for its own group.  As you've seen, when you set both LN Core devices to Pong, LNC 1 plays it with 1-6 and the LNC 2 plays its own game of pong on 7-8-9. 

It is possible to create the illusion of 1-9 sequential effects by programming a custom wave for both controllers.  Wave 1 on LNC1 produces the effect, then pauses while LNC2 produces the same effect for 7-9.  LNC2 likewise waits and then runs the effect after the delay for 1-6.  This is a mathematical construction with the delays all based on the speed in LEDs/sec and the number of LEDs, but its a bit difficult to get it down in the beginning.  It's also not going to be the same as the presets, which are even more advanced, multi-layer constructions that give the illusion of motion.  

17 hours ago, c-attack said:

Unfortunately not.  Each "channel" or core device is a separate group.  So Visor, Pong, Infinity or any dynamic fan to fan sequential effect will only run for its own group.  As you've seen, when you set both LN Core devices to Pong, LNC 1 plays it with 1-6 and the LNC 2 plays its own game of pong on 7-8-9. 

It is possible to create the illusion of 1-9 sequential effects by programming a custom wave for both controllers.  Wave 1 on LNC1 produces the effect, then pauses while LNC2 produces the same effect for 7-9.  LNC2 likewise waits and then runs the effect after the delay for 1-6.  This is a mathematical construction with the delays all based on the speed in LEDs/sec and the number of LEDs, but its a bit difficult to get it down in the beginning.  It's also not going to be the same as the presets, which are even more advanced, multi-layer constructions that give the illusion of motion.  

Thanks for the replay,  I hope that in the future Corsair can  improve ICUE so that ew can handle more modules at the same time.

I will try to follow your directions to get what i would like to have

Thank you