Corsair Community

Icue Profile

Hey i recently got some new corsair products, My question is does anyone have the colors of SP120 RGB Elite, I really like those colors and kinda wanted them on my Icue profile.

Do you mean the "pink-teal-yellow whirl" combination on the product page?

-base-sp-elite-config-Gallery-MIC-SP120-

Edited by c-attack

@Talaes - that's a Lighting Type called "Watercolor Spectrum" you can set as a Lighting Layer.

• Thanks 1

It is similar to Water Color Spectrum that uses those same colors, but I suspect this was a unique creation for marketing and does not exist as a preset.  Water Color will throw in some movement and white transitions.  Give me a few minutes to write an alternative option.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, c-attack said:

It is similar to Water Color Spectrum that uses those same colors, but I suspect this was a unique creation for marketing and does not exist as a preset.  Water Color will throw in some movement and white transitions.  Give me a few minutes to write an alternative option.

Woah that would be amazing!

Edited by Talaes

So most likely this was done as 3 part static effect for photography reasons.  It's hard to know exactly what RGB values they used, but then that doesn't really matter and you can shift it a little this way or that to make it they way you want.  I did it with a Rose (255/0/127), Yellow (255/255/0), and Turquoise (48/213/200) but Cyan (0/255/255) might be a good replacement.  

1) Go to your lighting effects and create 3 "custom" static colors.  Make each one a color similar to the three above.

2) As you create them, they are automatically applied to all LEDs and the top one on the list covers over the others.  Click anywhere in the "fan square" of the UI to instantly de-select all LEDs.  Do this for each color and the fans should go to black/off.

3) Now you selectively apply the colors to each LED by holding down CTRL + left mouse click to select.  It doesn't really matter which LEDs are which color.  All my fans are in a row and facing the same direction, so they are the same in CUE as well.  In a normal case with front/top/rear fans you might adjust the color location so it looks the same from your perspective.  Regardless, there will 3 LEDs for color 1 and 2, and then one color will get just 2.  No way around that on 8 LEDs.

In the screenshot you can see the color application.

Screenshot (294).png

Edited by c-attack
  • Thanks 1

That may be fun for a while, but eventually you may want to try your hand at moving effects.  Most "movements" in CUE are really LEDs turning on/off in a specific sequence.  You can do a relatively easy one here to try and compensate for the 3-3-2 LEDs by programming a gradient for each color.  These then fire in sequence on their "zone" giving a color shift from rose->yellow->turquoise in each section.

1) Create a custom "gradient".  My suggestion is you do Rose -> Yellow -> Turquoise to try and minimize the amount of white shift that occurs when you transition from one color to another through the center of the color wheel.  For example, orange to blue goes through the center and makes the LED turn white as it transitions.

2) Each gradient will start with its primary color (rose) and end with that same color.  So it will appear as rose -> yellow -> turquoise -> rose.  Use the + to create a new dot and drag it to an appropriate interval.  I suggest changing the lighting time to 3.0 seconds for now to make placing the dots evenly very easy.  It will be at the start, 1 sec, 2 sec, and the end (3 sec).  After you create it, again click in the fan box to stop effect for now.

3) Create a second gradient for yellow -> turquoise  -> rose -> yellow.  Then a third for turquoise -> rose -> yellow -> turquoise

4) Now like before, go back and apply each gradient to 1/3 of the fan.

5) After you finish this step, the timing will be off from the creation process.  Change to any other profile and then back to reset the lighting clock to zero.  The effects should now align.  

6) 3 second intervals are fairly quick.  You can experiment with different speeds by changing the lighting time to 6, 9, 12 seconds or whatever you like.  The longer the interval, the more transition time between primary colors and the more it will look like pastel water color.  Shorter times will appear to pulse different colors.  There are ways to shorten the color transition, but that might be a bit much right now.

Screenshot (295).png

Screenshot (296).png

Screenshot (300).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1