Corsair Community

Memory when bad.

Computer stopped working. On reboot, system would not post. Removed memory both pairs ( have two sets) for memory from sys board, system would boot and run fine with one pair but no the other. Both set or Pairs of memory are the same brand and part number. Conclusion one pair is dead.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me our modules part# and revision (How To Read the Memory Label) of all of your modules and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

The memory is:

CMX512-3200C2PT TWO SETS.

Intel Perl board,

Intel P4 3.0 ghzs

Might I add the system worked fawlessy in the same setup for more than a year. No changes have been made to computer, no new software, hardward, etc....

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision (How To Read the Memory Label) of all of your modules and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Do they have to be sent together? It cost my company a couple hundred dollars a day to have a system down. I can still use the system with one pair, but if I send both at the same time the system its out of services.

I would suggest you submit both sets so they match.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived