Corsair Community

Commander Pro not showing up in iCUE

Hi any help will be great,

I Just got the Commander (CP) along with some QL 120 fans and a LDC upgrade kit for my H150i elite capellix cooler. 

I have got 3 QL's plug into the new CP they are turning and the RGB is working to as I can find the  lighting node core that come with the triple pack of fans, however I have no control over the speed of them with it not picking up the CP, I have also fitted the RGB LED connected to the CP which I also do not have control over 

I have check out some other topics before making this encase I could fix the issue without having to make a post like this, so I have un installed the iCUE software and reinstalled it then I did what it says to do in this link https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

due to the fans powering up I know power is not a problem and I am now at a bit of a loss 

advice will be greatly welcomed  

If the device is missing from CUE, that is a motherboard usb issue. You’ve mentioned the H150i Elite Cap and LCD top device. That’s 2 usb connections for the Commander Core and LCD. The splitter only serves to double the load on the USB port, which is a problem for some boards. How is the Commander Pro USB connected?  Directly to the motherboard?  

no I put the pro into the splitter as it was the lighting node i was swapping out and left the core in its own,

so its core in its own usb and the pro and H150i connected via the splitter

Is it possible you really have:

1) Commander Core (6 PWM/6 RGB ports) from the H150i Elite Capellix box

2) LCD top you purchased

3) Lighting Node Core that came with the QL

The Commander Core + LCD top not being detected is a relatively common issue.  Try taking them off the splitter and connect each individually.  

See here for pictures and descriptions if needed.

11 hours ago, c-attack said:

Is it possible you really have:

1) Commander Core (6 PWM/6 RGB ports) from the H150i Elite Capellix box

2) LCD top you purchased

3) Lighting Node Core that came with the QL

The Commander Core + LCD top not being detected is a relatively common issue.  Try taking them off the splitter and connect each individually.  

The commander core shows whats connected when I enter the H150i shows it has the screen all of that works 

maybe I should un complicate the issue and plug everything into the commander core and plug back in the lighting node pro like I had before 

looks like it could very well be the mother board not having the power for it to show up which Is a pain 

also thank you for your help

Where you connect fans doesn’t matter. You can take them all off and the issue will be the same. This is all about the MB USB ports and the specific devices connected. It is relatively unusual for a Commander Pro not to be detected on most motherboards. On the other hand, Com Core + LCD top detection issues are more common. What motherboard are you using?

Also be aware the while the Commander Core can act as a standalone controller, when you connect the wide power cable from the pump that puts it into AIO mode and you will see the pump picture in CUE. Adding the LCD top supersedes that and it’s picture takes the place of the Commander Core with all LCD top, pump, connected fans, and associated lighting controller from that device tab. 

How many QL are you using?  Do you need the Lighting Node Core (more than 6)?

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

You don’t need the Lighting Node Core if you have just 6 fans. All 6 QL can go on the Commander Core for both PWM speed control and RGB control. Most of the time detection issues are too many devices fighting over the same access points, so eliminating an extra device can only help. 

If you have 2 internal usb 2.0 headers, try connecting the Commander Core and LCD top directly to the motherboard usb 2 ports and don’t use the splitter. 

Some AMD x570 and B550 motherboards have detection issues with weaker voltage at the port. However, this usually is seen as the device drops in/out of CUE rather than no detection at all. Most of those users require a powered USB hub to stabilize the usb voltage. 

16 hours ago, c-attack said:

iCUE system is really becoming a pain in the a$$ if you ask me. I am pulling my hair out having to deal with a H150i Elite LCD, 3x ML120 fans, 4x LL120 fans, 2x LL140 fans, LNPro, CoPro, CoCo and 2 USB headers on an ASUS Z690 Hero EVA inside a 500D RGB SE. All I want is that cool fluffy white cat with the dark sunglasses on my LCD screen and some RGB fun 🙂 

Anyways, I am trying to avoid buying an internal USB hub and can't find any information if the CoCo can use the USB headers off the CoPro or even if it's supported.  

4 hours ago, agent69 said:

Anyways, I am trying to avoid buying an internal USB hub and can't find any information if the CoCo can use the USB headers off the CoPro or even if it's supported.  

The passthrough ports are like using a splitter. It stacks the load and is highly likely cause problems for devices like the Commander Core and LCD top. Not a recommended course of action. 

A powered usb hub is relatively cheap and many users need one simply to have enough ports. I don’t know of any board with more than 2 internal USB 2.0 headers. 

If you are having detection issues with the Com Core/LCD hub on Z690, the most successful workaround has been an internal USB 3->2 conversion cable. As this is not a pronounced issue on Z490/590, it stands to reason something changed with how board makers packed usb 2 while making room for new features on Z690. Either way, a lot users wind up using the powered hub on the 3->2 conversion to solve both problems. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, c-attack said:

The passthrough ports are like using a splitter. It stacks the load and is highly likely cause problems for devices like the Commander Core and LCD top. Not a recommended course of action. 

A powered usb hub is relatively cheap and many users need one simply to have enough ports. I don’t know if any board with more than 2 internal USB 2.0 headers. 

If you are having detection issues with the Com Core/LCD hub on Z690, the most successful workaround has been an internal USB 3->2 conversion cable. As this is not a pronounced issue on Z490/590, it stands to reason something changed with how board makers packed usb 2 while making room for new features. Either way, a lot users wind up using the powered hub on the 3->2 conversion to solve both problems. 

Thanks for the info. Looks like an internal USB hub is my next Amazon purchase.

I was finally able to get the Elite LCD pump and fans on the CoCo working but my Dominator Platinum RGB ram does not show up nor does my CoPro. Ordered a USB NZXT internal hub and 3->2 adapter per c-attack's advice which I hope should resolve my issue with the CoPro.

What I can't figure out is why the Dominator module does not show up in iCUE.

I did perform a clean install of 4.23.137 on a fresh image of Windows 11 Pro for Workstation.

Edited by agent69

2 hours ago, agent69 said:

I was finally able to get the Elite LCD pump and fans on the CoCo working but my Dominator Platinum RGB ram does not show up nor does my CoPro. Ordered a USB NZXT internal hub and 3->2 adapter per c-attack's advice which I hope should resolve my issue with the CoPro.

What I can't figure out is why the Dominator module does not show up in iCUE.

I did perform a clean install of 4.23.137 on a fresh image of Windows 11 Pro for Workstation.

Did you set the SP Write Disabled option to FALSE for the memory in the UEFI BIOS? This is found in the "Tweakers Paradise" submenu off the "Extreme Tweaker" top level menu.

Without this option set to FALSE, the RAM it won't show up in ICUE. Here's a Corsair article showing how it's done for ASUS Z690 boards so you know it must be true 🙃

• Like 2

As above on the RAM. Asus uses a weird double negative in the BIOS language adding to the confusion. 

8 hours ago, BlaiseP said:

Did you set the SP Write Disabled option to FALSE for the memory in the UEFI BIOS? This is found in the "Tweakers Paradise" submenu off the "Extreme Tweaker" top level menu.

Without this option set to FALSE, the RAM it won't show up in ICUE. Here's a Corsair article showing how it's done for ASUS Z690 boards so you know it must be true 🙃

Thank you for the info. That fixed it. 🍺