Corsair Community

Why can't Corsair get their software right

Same problem on 2 separate builds. Regardless of which version of iCue I have installed or which hardware I have it running off of, the problems are always the same. I constantly have to either "repair" the application or uninstall it. 

1) iCue just simply fails to launch. Regardless if I have it set to launch at start up or not.

2) Ram give me an error and I have to force an update to get it to work.

3) Keyboard doesn't work and I need to unplug it and plug it back in.

4) Mouse not detected, I have to again unplug it and plug it back in.

5) iCue not responding.

When I made my original build I had all the same problems. I upgraded every aspect from motherboard up hoping the hundreds of dollars I spent on Corsair hardware would finally live up to the hype. Unfortunately nothing changed. Not a single update to the software made any difference, the application is pure trash. 

Current build

Intel 10700K

MSI Z490

32 GB of vengeance pro 

MSI RTX3070

Corsair H150 elite AIO

Corsair K70 keyboard

Corsair RGB Dark core wireless mouse

Corsair Void wireless headset

i'm thinking it is not so much the software but it is all them pc's who got problems.

Since i have a new pc , everything from corsair seems to work as intended without those errors that everyone and i used to get.

How strange is that, i think most usb systems are just plain bugged or hacked , they have been broken in any case, maybe bugged in bios even at the raw firmware level.

That is what i have come to conclude, it's all those pc's that have hardware bugs that nobody seems to want to fix. Maybe because they are incapable of fixing all those hacks.

Apparently USB has been THE tool to compromise everything that has usb incorporated.

from his happy list of derping devices, the common denominator seems to be iCUE failing big time.

it's extremely unlikely to have wired USB devices , wireless USB devices, external and internal USB crapping out at the same time, both on USB2 and 3. And the RAM isn't even on that obviously.

iCUE isn't exactly the best software out there but it shouldn't be this messed up. it's possible other RGB software conflicts with it, hardware monitoring software too. Some devices don't like to be connected to USB hubs (i believe it can cause issues with headsets).

8 hours ago, frizur said:

i'm thinking it is not so much the software but it is all them pc's who got problems.

Since i have a new pc , everything from corsair seems to work as intended without those errors that everyone and i used to get.

How strange is that, i think most usb systems are just plain bugged or hacked , they have been broken in any case, maybe bugged in bios even at the raw firmware level.

That is what i have come to conclude, it's all those pc's that have hardware bugs that nobody seems to want to fix. Maybe because they are incapable of fixing all those hacks.

Apparently USB has been THE tool to compromise everything that has usb incorporated.

How can you possibly deduce that the problem is hardware related? iCue software doesn't even launch 75% of the time.

i had other pc's that experienced the typical corsair USB problems.

Now a new pc and it doesn't have any of the USB problems. So i'm deducing the problem lies with the USB and not the software.

Knowing USB may be handy but it also is the biggest crap around, they can't even settle on what USB is actually, the standard keeps getting changed like their naming protocol.

Then some manufacturers code their USB gear as if they are the only ones that are going to use the USB and there we go. Problems galore.

12 hours ago, frizur said:

Then some manufacturers code their USB gear as if they are the only ones that are going to use the USB and there we go. Problems galore.

I think you nailed the problem right on the head there 🙂

Not so much USB is the issue, but the way some Corsair devices generate massive amounts of traffic for nothing, running lighting from software to cheap out on controllers that could do it in hardware, polling sensors way too often when it's not needed for cooling etc etc..

When two commander core XT overwhelm USB2, there's like a problem somewhere.

but..

Here there's like one device per port, so it's irrelevant. Looks like an icue installation issue, software conflict or something of sorts. This rig is nothing complicated and it should work.

@Spillner have you opened a support ticket with Corsair already, while waiting if someone on the forum has a better idea about what may be going sideways?

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new