Corsair Community

Virtuoso XT microphone to sensitive

Hello everyone,

the microphone on my Virtuoso XT is really sensitive and makes it impossible for me to have converstations while doing something on my PC with any software other than Teamspeak or Discord.
It works fine with TS and DC due to the senitivity settings provided by the software, otherwise you can hear literally everything on for example phone calls or meetings (e.g. MS Teams).
I tried changing the volume of the microphone in iCUE and the levels in windows, but that just makes everything more quiet and doesn't solve the problem.
Is there something I'm missing or any third party software out there that could help me?

Greetings.

• Corsair Employees

Hi,

In your windows setting could you turn down the mic level, and see if that resolve the mic issue. 

Go to:

Sounds setting> sound control panel> Right click the device in recording tab> select properties> click levels tab> adjust your mic and mic boost.

image.png.ec4ee5155e739d873cb98eaf0684c53f.png

Let me know if this helps out your device levels.

18 hours ago, Corsair Elito said:

Hi,

In your windows setting could you turn down the mic level, and see if that resolve the mic issue. 

Go to:

Sounds setting> sound control panel> Right click the device in recording tab> select properties> click levels tab> adjust your mic and mic boost.

image.png.ec4ee5155e739d873cb98eaf0684c53f.png

Let me know if this helps out your device levels.

As I said in my initial post, I already tried that and the only thing it does is lower the volume of everything and doesn't solve the sensitivity issue.
The Microphone Boots slider isn't available for me and set to 0 in iCUE.