Corsair Community

iCUE crashes on launch

GregTheTerran

Hello,

I just bought an Asus Z590 mobo, RTX 3060, intel i7 11thgen, and corsair venegence pro 16gb DDR4.

I was able to get iCUE to launch correctly in my initial install of Windows 10 for one day. I made no hardware changes besides moving the PC to the otherside of the room, and then I booted it back up. iCUE crashes on every launch. 

I have taken many troubleshooting steps, most recently I did a completely fresh install of Windows (now Windows 11 pro). The very first thing I did was install iCUE. It still crashes on launch. 

Any idea what might be happening here?

Thanks,

Oh wow! No I did make a hardware change, I just forgot about it. 

I switched to a Corsair K55 RGB keyboard. This is unmistakably causing the iCUE program to crash. If i unplug that keyboard and use a different one, it works fine. This keyboard also cause the RAM to no longer integrate with Armoury Crate.

Is there anyway to get around this?

I fixed it. Steps to fix, and yes, they suck. 

1. Uninstall iCue. Remove any trace of it. Appdata folder and registry entries. 
  2. Install CORSAIR iCUE v3.38.88 (For Legacy Devices) from here. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads
  3. Follow the directions here from this post. https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/149613-corsair-k55-not-connecting-to-icue/?do=findComment&comment=928857 
  4. Update the firmware for the keyboard. 
  5. Keep using the legacy version if you like. Or uninstall it and install the latest version. Both worked for me. 

Take note that my K55 was purchased in 2017. I had never updated the firmware. So your milage may vary.