Corsair Community

Please Help! P4C800-E Compatibility Question

Pennyboy

Hi,

I have a Asus P4C800-E mobo with 1 gig of Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 RAM. I want to buy another gig of Ram for my PC. I live in New Zealand and I can't buy another 1 gig of TWINX1024-3200C2 memory as no one supplies it here in anymore. I can get 1 gig of TWINX1024-3200LL, but will this work with my TWINX1024-3200C2 memory? Please can someone answer this question as I am in need of more memory in my PC.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
You cannot mix memory or the system may not be stable or post. I would just find another use for the modules you have now and just get a set of Twinx2048-3200C2 for best performancre.

You cannot mix memory or the system may not be stable or post. I would just find another use for the modules you have now and just get a set of Twinx2048-3200C2 for best performancre.

Thanks for your help! but can I run 2 x CMX512-3200C2 modules? Because I have found that we can get them over here? I know TWINX2048-3200C2 is best for performance but the cost is really high.

2 Modules would be fine, but with 4 modules you may have to slow the memory down because of chipset loading.

One last question. If I had to slow the memory down would I notice it much in FPS games like Battlefield? If so, I am coming back to the US next week for a family reunion so I might be best to spend the extra cash and get the TWINX2024-3200XL.

• Corsair Employees
Yes that would be the best performance. But if you do decide to add to what you have now, you will want to match the part# and revision of what you have now. And yes with 4 modules you may loose a few FPS but you would be able to have more Maps loded.

Yes that would be the best performance. But if you do decide to add to what you have now, you will want to match the part# and revision of what you have now. And yes with 4 modules you may loose a few FPS but you would be able to have more Maps loded.

Hey thanks for all your advise RAMGUY

No problem, please let us know how you make out!

Well I bought 2 x 512mb CMX sticks just to try because of the price. The guy at the store said if I have any problems I could return them. The rev numbers were different from the RAM in my rig. The ram didn't work my PC kept crashing with a whole lot of numbers on the screen but it was worth a shot. Anyway I have ordered some TWINX 2048 C2 (can't get the XL here) and it will be here before the release date of Battlefield 2!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Good news and thanks for letting us know!

Hey RAMGUY, you have been so helpful and always replyed fast to my posts for help so a HUGE thank you to you. But I just want to ask you another question. I am about to upgrade my PC again. I have bought an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo because I plan to run two Geforce 7800GTX's. Can you confirm that my TWINX-2048C2 Pro memory will work in this board. I used to compatibly util on the Corsair website but it only lists the TWINX-2048Pro memory.

Thanks

Yes XMS3200C2 is listed, weather or not the modules would be "PT" or "PRO" would not matter as this is a cosmetic difference.

Thanks for clarifying that RAMGUY. I won't bother you again for a while at least ;). I still can't believe the level of support Corsair provides to its many customers!! its rare to find this quality of support these days and one of the many reasons I will use only Corsair memory in my PC.

Archived