Corsair Community

(HELP) Lian li o11 Dynamic Case front RGB Strip

Hello, I've had my Lian li o11 dynamic for over a year now. I'm wanting to finally get the front RGB strip working as I've never had it turned on because my motherboard doesn't have the correct header for it. Would it be possible to plug the header into my commander pro with a splitter as i've got 10 corsair fans plugged into it at the moment? My build can be seen below.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks.

ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming

Intel i7 7700K (Gen 7)

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3200MHz

ASUS ROG Strix Geforce GTX 1070Ti AE

ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB

SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Adata Ultimate SU630 SSD 240GB

SAMSUNG 870 EVO SSD 1TB

Corsair RM750 750W 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular PSU

Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Edited by Marky7z
add information

you will need a free channel on the commander pro, which seems you don't have if there's 10 fans connected.

Maybe get a lighting node pro to get more channels.

Then you'll need one of those adapters : 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373964659213?hash=item571207da0d:g:oQIAAOSwgAVhnHQY

And set up the channel as 3x Corsair LED strip (3x10 LED). the O11 strip is 28 leds, so that will light them all up.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

you will need a free channel on the commander pro, which seems you don't have if there's 10 fans connected.

Maybe get a lighting node pro to get more channels.

Then you'll need one of those adapters : 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373964659213?hash=item571207da0d:g:oQIAAOSwgAVhnHQY

And set up the channel as 3x Corsair LED strip (3x10 LED). the O11 strip is 28 leds, so that will light them all up.

Would a RGB Hub work or just a lighting node pro? ive got 2 RGB hubs in my build with a commander pro.

Edited by Marky7z

ah then you're good to go with a 3 pin adapter alone if you have free RGB channels

38 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

ah then you're good to go with a 3 pin adapter alone if you have free RGB channels

I've just plugged in just the sata cable from the case and the front strip seems to be working completely fine without having the 3 pin header plugged in.

yes, it works standalone with selectable efects with the case's RGB buttons. One of those settings is external control. That's the setting that allows you to control the strip with iCUE or other RGB controllers.

3 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

yes, it works standalone with selectable efects with the case's RGB buttons. One of those settings is external control. That's the setting that allows you to control the strip with iCUE or other RGB controllers.

thanks for the info, at the moment I'm just wanting it to work standalone then maybe in the future ill buy the stuff needed to control it with icue. But thankyou =D

• Like 1