Corsair Community

RGB fans switch/glitch to default rainbow scheme and then revert back to profile

Hi everyone, I'm not sure how to describe my issue exactly but every now and then my RGB will switch to the default rainbow scheme for about 1 second then revert back to my current profile. It did not do this initially, was working fine for quite some time and recently it has started doing this. It seems random though in that it isn't consistent in when it happens, could just be we browsing, so it doesn't appear to be related to some specific app opening/closing (e.g. if it were trying to load a game profile or something like that). My fans are the LL120 and I also have Vengeance RGB Pro RAM and the H100i platinum cooler. I'm not using a commander pro or anything like that at the moment, just the hub that came with a setup.

Any suggestions/fixes?

All lighting from CUE devices?  Or just the LL fans on the Lighting Node Pro?

Edited by c-attack

7 hours ago, c-attack said:

All lighting from CUE devices?  Or just the LL fans on the Lighting Node Pro?

Yes, if I understand your question, the only lighting I have is the LL fans, the corsair RAM and the CPU cooler and its fans, all corsair and all managed through CUE.

Trying to determine whether the app or service is crashing vs a single device dropping out of CUE.  I'll will guess that only your LL fans are reverting to their hardware lighting and if enabled, you would likely hear the Windows device disconnect and reconnect sounds.  That is the Lighting Node Pro disconnecting from the MB and consequently dropping out of CUE.  Most often this is USB voltage related, but there are other possibilities and its not very common on the LNCore.  

I would go to CUE settings and turn on "debug logging".  The next time the event occurs, go back to settings to export the logs to save file.  Then create a Tech Support Ticket with Corsair directly and attach the logs.  

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll try that. I haven't noticed if it is just the fans or the RAM and CPU as well as it seems to happen pretty fast. I haven't noticed a windows device disconnect/reconnect sound but my PC is often on mute because of working from home. I'll leave the sound on and hopefully catch it when it happens again. I've turned on debug logging so hopefully that will also help give some insight.

Thanks @c-attack

Can confirm there are no Windows device connect/reconnect sounds, so I'll send the logs to support, hopefully they can solve it. It's no train smash but I am concerned there is something going wrong behind the scenes that could be cause for concern going forward.