Corsair Community

Good Performance FAN with acceptable RGB for H115i Platinum AIO?

RodrigoDRT

As the title says, the fans I need replacement fans for my h115i platinum RGB, if better than the stock ones, even better! but i'd like to find a good option with decent RGB, the default ones RGB are absolutely bad, they are nowhere near as good as a LL120 that my case uses everywhere.

Which Platinum version do you have?  The black with ML-RGB fans?  Or the SE with high speed LL?

You can use regular black LL fans on the Platinum’s RGB controller or put them with the others on the main RGB controller. Speed control is a non-issue and any PWM fan should work. 

box says H115i RGB Platinum, im guessing the less powerful version, my fans only have 4 leds on the very middle says ICUE, and one fan died. The part is the CW-9060038-WW

Edited by RodrigoDRT

I understand aios uses high static pressure fans, not like your average LL120 I.e.

Is the Cooler FAN Corsair iCUE SP140 Elite Performance, RGB, 140mm, Preto - CO-9050110-WW compatible? That's the one I found with the highest CFM and good rgb, I need to replace urgently as I'm running with a single fan on my aio lol.

There isn’t going to be much difference between a SP-Elite and LL on the radiator. Both have similar airflow and pressure values. If you have a case full of LL, it would make more sense to keep it in the same LED family, especially on the older serial controllers. 

Both LL140 and SP140 elite max out around 1300 rpm, which is about where most people want to stop anyway. However, if you need more the only real option is the ML-Elite 140mm (8 LEDs) at 1600 rpm. The difference between a ML-Elite at 1600 and the LL140 at 1300 is probably about 2C in coolant temp, so this is not likely to be a critical difference. 

58 minutes ago, c-attack said:

There isn’t going to be much difference between a SP-Elite and LL on the radiator. Both have similar airflow and pressure values. If you have a case full of LL, it would make more sense to keep it in the same LED family, especially on the older serial controllers. 

Both LL140 and SP140 elite max out around 1300 rpm, which is about where most people want to stop anyway. However, if you need more the only real option is the ML-Elite 140mm (8 LEDs) at 1600 rpm. The difference between a ML-Elite at 1600 and the LL140 at 1300 is probably about 2C in coolant temp, so this is not likely to be a critical difference. 

Ml 140 elite. Then that's what I want, 2c makes a huge difference for me as I livr in a 34c ambient constant, 365 days, and I was already breaching low 80s, on top of that I'll try a better paste see if I can stay just under 80. Só ML 140 elite 8 led is the best out there huh, I'll look for it. Ty 

On 6/28/2022 at 2:00 PM, c-attack said:

Which Platinum version do you have?  The black with ML-RGB fans?  Or the SE with high speed LL?

You can use regular black LL fans on the Platinum’s RGB controller or put them with the others on the main RGB controller. Speed control is a non-issue and any PWM fan should work. 

I heard that new (8 LED) ML fans are better at cooling than old (4 LED) ML how loud are new (8 LED) ML fans compared to old (4 LED) ML?

Also, since im considering multiple fans for my build including LL how much louder are LL White and LL Black (White and Black have a bit different specs) compared to the new 8 LED ML fans?

I have not seen a professional review of the ML-Elite. It has some light blade and frame tweaks compared to the predecessor ML Pro/RGB. I have both and would say they sound similar at like speeds. Clear RGB improvements on the Elite make it an easy choice. 

The LL black and white will be identical for performance and noise at like speeds. The “higher numbers” on the white LL are from testing at its higher maximum speed, but if you don’t run 2000+ rpm, then there is no benefit. 

37 minutes ago, c-attack said:

I have not seen a professional review of the ML-Elite. It has some light blade and frame tweaks compared to the predecessor ML Pro/RGB. I have both and would say they sound similar at like speeds. Clear RGB improvements on the Elite make it an easy choice. 

The LL black and white will be identical for performance and noise at like speeds. The “higher numbers” on the white LL are from testing at its higher maximum speed, but if you don’t run 2000+ rpm, then there is no benefit. 

Higher numbers are listed for rpm too, looks like black max out at 1500 while white at 2200, found some mentions on testing that supports that somewhere (cant find again, will post if i find it)

Which do you think would be best option, i have h150i xt pro and wanna replace 3 non rgb ML fans with some rgb fan and i want to temporarly fill slots in my case with RGB fans to make it look less empty and then when i get all the parts needed for my GPU costum loop CPU will stay with AIO and two 3090 ftw3 will be cooled by their own custom loop so i then want to move those fans from case to radiators and leave any other fans that are left just on case, i have hard time deciding, LL and QL have better RGB old ML has less rgb but better cooling than LL and QL for rads and new ML seem to have a bit better RGB and best cooling but still have less RGB than QL or LL

I really have hard time deciding which to get for my setup, i need in total 10 fans, i have made a seperate thread about it here on the forum so hoepfuly i get more info soon and finally make my final decision, its just too hard choosing RGB vs Cooling lol 🙂

Corsair should really make ML fans with looks of LL and QL, then it would be no brainer 🙂

The black LL will actually run more like 1700 rpm, even though the spec sheet max is 1500.  For the LL, you choose the color to match your case theme.  If you need LL fans at 2100 to give you something you're not getting at 1700, then you likely need to make other changes.  For most users either fan is fine an you won't run it past 1500 much anyway.  

I'll pick up the rest in your other thread with the details, but I think you should make the fan choice in concert with your radiator choice.  LL and QL fans work fine for 30-40mm radiators with medium density.  If you are using something more, you need push pull or stronger fans.  That does not mean they won't work, but it should be conscious choice to give up a few degrees.  

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

The black LL will actually run more like 1700 rpm, even though the spec sheet max is 1500.  For the LL, you choose the color to match your case theme.  If you need LL fans at 2100 to give you something you're not getting at 1700, then you likely need to make other changes.  For most users either fan is fine an you won't run it past 1500 much anyway.  

I'll pick up the rest in your other thread with the details, but I think you should make the fan choice in concert with your radiator choice.  LL and QL fans work fine for 30-40mm radiators with medium density.  If you are using something more, you need push pull or stronger fans.  That does not mean they won't work, but it should be conscious choice to give up a few degrees.  

Thank you, yeah, i dont really need 2000+rpm, was just asking due to all the difference, thanks for explaining 🙂

I plan to, at least for now leave the cpu on my h150i PRO XT which i think is 28mm thick, as for GPU rads i havent decided yet, its my first time making a custom watercooling loop so im gonna take my time to research everything to get comfortable with building the loop and then decide on all the parts for the loop (tubes, fittings, rads, pump, etc.) but i just have to get fans first while deciding details for the loop as i only have 3 ML120 on h150i acting as top exhaust and absolutley nothing else and it just gets loud and its clearly not enough to cool everything so that is why i want to get fans first while im researching and getting watercooling parts, i just want to get suitable fans, put them inside the case to make it look better and get better airflow and then move them onto rads once i get all the parts and start building the custom GPUs loop