Jump to content
Corsair Community

ICUE DRAM issue, stopped receiving data from DRAM


Recommended Posts

Hello, I just built my new PC 2 days ago, I have 4 sticks of 8gb 3200mhz dominator platinum ram, for some reason, i would be using my pc just fine for sometimes an hour or two and all of a sudden when i look at my pc, all the ram RGBs have just frozen and when opening up ICUE, it says that it stopped receiving data from the ram even though its still working fine, just the RGB isn't working. I'm not sure if this is a bug with the software or if its something to fix on my end, it only fixes it once I shut down the pc and start it up again but it eventually happens again. if anyone can help me, that would be much appreciated. please and thank you.

82dfde0e4d99445fa0f6105219091c45.png

2022-06-27 (2).png

Edited by SRT
spelling mistake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am experiencing the same issue, and this has only begun recently because last week the rgb lighting on my dominator platinum (4x8gb 3600mhz) was working fine. Today I noticed the lighting pattern on my ram was frozen. I opened the icue app and updated to the latest version. Like OP is also experiencing, now the lighting on my ram freezes every single time I run my system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@thefalloftroy Is everyone here on an Asus MB with the plugin turned on?  
 

This was an old issue that has mostly gone away. Something happens in the Aura-CUE exchange and RAM freezes. The easiest solution is to quit the CUE app and restart. Severe cases might require restart. I suspect disabling the CUE plugin will stop this, but then obviously you lose the MB lighting back to Armory Crate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

@thefalloftroy Is everyone here on an Asus MB with the plugin turned on?  
 

This was an old issue that has mostly gone away. Something happens in the Aura-CUE exchange and RAM freezes. The easiest solution is to quit the CUE app and restart. Severe cases might require restart. I suspect disabling the CUE plugin will stop this, but then obviously you lose the MB lighting back to Armory Crate. 

I have a gigabyte aorus x570 master motherboard with a ryzen 5950x cpu.

But you're right, once I quit out of the icue application entirely and then open it again, this seems to make the lighting on the ram work again...it's still a strange issue and I hope one of the next icue updates addresses it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was once a fairly prevalent issue, but it doesn't register the same number of hits it used to.  I do know I have not seen this once since the day I uninstalled Armory Crate and turned off my board LEDs in the BIOS.  The root of the problem is every program tries to grab a piece of the RAM on boot.  Fusion may be doing the same on your board.  Aside from removing one program or the other, some users have found a solution by delaying the start up of the other program.  In Windows Services, you should be able to set Fusion to a delayed start up.  If that does not work, you could set CUE to do the same, although its start seems fairly delayed already.  The problem is when they both try to access the RAM at the same time, so a manual launch of CUE after boot might also be a work around.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

same problem here Corsair Dominator DDR5 on Asus motherboard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Quote

 

same problem here, i've been using my Dominator RGB from last Christmas,  and it always happened once in a while (especially when PC was coming back from sleeping), but recently, gosh, it's almost certain that in a one hour gaming session the RGB would freeze. ASUS mobo STRIX B550-F

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 7/4/2022 at 1:00 PM, c-attack said:

This was once a fairly prevalent issue, but it doesn't register the same number of hits it used to.  I do know I have not seen this once since the day I uninstalled Armory Crate and turned off my board LEDs in the BIOS.  The root of the problem is every program tries to grab a piece of the RAM on boot.  Fusion may be doing the same on your board.  Aside from removing one program or the other, some users have found a solution by delaying the start up of the other program.  In Windows Services, you should be able to set Fusion to a delayed start up.  If that does not work, you could set CUE to do the same, although its start seems fairly delayed already.  The problem is when they both try to access the RAM at the same time, so a manual launch of CUE after boot might also be a work around.  

Why do you keep saying this issue isn't prevalent anymore? Are you talking to your customers or Corsair big wigs?

Is there gonna be a fix for this or nah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LimelightLenny said:

Why do you keep saying this issue isn't prevalent anymore? Are you talking to your customers or Corsair big wigs?

Why are you quoting a 6 month old thread and assuming it applies to the current state of affairs?  You have no hardware specs and did not ask a question, so presumably you are just trolling.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2022 at 12:13 PM, c-attack said:

Why are you quoting a 6 month old thread and assuming it applies to the current state of affairs?  You have no hardware specs and did not ask a question, so presumably you are just trolling.  

I'm actively having the the problem so it is still an issue. Mine issue started when murals released.

My pc specs

Mother Board ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WiFi 6)

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 4050 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3000

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jec0218 said:

I'm actively having the the problem so it is still an issue. Mine issue started when murals released.

Correct.  There has been a resurgence on the last couple of CUE versions, however for most the original root cause is not the same.  There isn't a direct connection to Murals, although the increase appears to coincide with those versions.  Most users are going to need to deal with one of the following: 1) Other RGB program becoming entangled with CUE trying to access the RAM; or 2) General SMBUS lockup even when no other software is installed.  The second can be a real pill and I have been able to demonstrate it on fresh of Windows and clean install of CUE with no other programs installed yet.  If you are having trouble with this, the best option is to uninstall CUE, then reinstall your MB chipset driver, then reinstall CUE and import your profiles back.  The only working theory I have is install corruption preventing CUE from talking with the RAM across the Bus.  You know you are locked up if you quit CUE and services, then launch other monitoring program like HWiNFO and it won't read the RAM either.  It can be a bit random from boot to boot and may appear fine for a few seconds after CUE load before then locking up.  

 

There are a couple of current threads out there, although no clear resolution.  Most of these older threads were about RGB program conflict and most current issues are likely the second type above.  

Edited by c-attack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's been having this issue. Asus x670e Extreme, 32gb of Dom Plat 6000mt/s Ram and it's a toss up whether or not I'm going to get the error once I open Icue. Had an update to Asus HAL within Armoury Crate that seemed (for a few minutes anyways) to get my lighting profiles working again but as usual as soon as I opened Armoury Crate it completely stopped working. Even weirder was before I opened Armoury Crate while my lighting profile for my ram was working fine the sensors in Icue all showed 0s across the board and weren't even showing 2 sticks of RAM and so on. Double checked with HWInfo64 and both sticks of RAM are detected both there and within Armoury Crate. I'm about at my wit's end lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...