Corsair Community

Commander pro ou commander core xt ???

Bonjour je dispose de 10 LL120 a mettre dans mon ordinateur que choisir entre le commander pro ou core xt ? Comment en brancher 10 sans rencontrer de problème ?? Merci d'avance pour vos réponse.

Hello, I have 10 LL120s to put in my computer, what should I choose between ordering it pro or core xt? How to connect 10 without encountering a problem?? Thanks in advance for your response.

My preference would be to use the Commander Pro + RGB lighting hubs from the LL multipacks and then an inexpensive PWM hub for speed control on fans 6-10. The Commander Pro has 2 LED ports, each can connect a RGB lighting hub capable of powering the RGB for 6 fans or 12 in total. The C-Pro has 6 DC/PWM ports, 5 of which can be single fans and then save one for a powered PWM repeater hub. This uses 1 PWM control header and then the 5 fans on the hub all run the same speed. With 10 fans you likely have groups of 3x120 on each panel that do not need individual speed control. If you do need it, then you need another fan controller. 

The Commander XT can be made to work as well. It’s PWM only, but otherwise the speed control is the same as above. It’s RGB lighting hub is internal, so 6 of your LL will connect directly to the controller and then 7-10 need their RGB lighting hub like above that connects to the LED port. The XT has only 2 temp sensors, which may be enough for some. The XT is better if you feel you need to control your case fans based on CPU temperature (you shouldn’t), but for those that insist the XT has some hysteresis lacking in the Commander Pro. The XT also has individual RGB headers for its own ports 1-6, but that does not have much value for your installation. 

Also, see the thread below. 

Edited by c-attack

Merci de la réponse pour le moment j'utilise le pro avec 3 groupes de 3 ventillateurs sur les 1-3 et un seul sur le 4. J'ai deux hub rgb ou les ventillateur 1 a 6 sur le premier et 7 a 10 sur le second. Le problème que je rencontre est que les led du 7 vont bien, le 8 a moitier et le 9-10 riens. Donc je me posais la question du quel serais le mieux entre le pro ou le xt.

Thank you for the answer for the moment I use the pro with 3 groups of 3 fans on 1-3 and only one on 4. I have two rgb hubs or fans 1 to 6 on the first and 7 to 10 on the second. The problem I encounter is that the leds of 7 are fine, 8 half and 9-10 nothing. So I was wondering which would be better between the pro or the xt.

1 hour ago, Kuliana said:

The problem I encounter is that the leds of 7 are fine, 8 half and 9-10 nothing.

This is most likely a problem with the LEDs on fan #8.  The Commander Pro and most other controllers are serial, so if a LED goes out in the middle of fan #3, the lights will stop there.  The easiest way to prove this is to temporarily move the half-lit fan #8 to the #4 spot on the second RGB Lighting hub.  This makes it last in the sequence.  We are expecting all other fans to light normally and for that last fan to still be half lit.  This proves the other fans are OK, it's not related to the RGB Lighting hub, and then contact Corsair Support to replace the bad LL fan if you are still in the warranty period.  

If you were on a Commander Core or XT, you would still have the same problem, but only fan #8 would be affected.  That is one 'benefit' of individual RGB headers, but it doesn't really solve the problem here.  The largest benefit to using the XT controller is if you have mixed fan types (LL + ML, etc).  It will correct the LED sequence for basic moving effects, something that is difficult to do on the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro.

Bonjour j'ai inverser le branchement du hub led 1 et 2 et les ventilateurs 1 a 6 fonctionne toujours et j'ai toujours le même problème avec les 4 autre ventilateurs. Pour résumer le problème ne viens pas du commander pro mais du deuxième hub led. J'ai tester les ventilateurs individuellement et les led fonctionne correctement donc pour moi le deuxième hub led est défectueux.

Hello, I reversed the connection of the led hub 1 and 2 and the fans 1 to 6 still work and I still have the same problem with the other 4 fans. To sum up the problem does not come from the commander pro but from the second led hub. I tested the fans individually and the leds work correctly so for me the second led hub is defective.

That does not prove the hub is defective. The hub and fans are part of the same circuit. In order to differentiate them, you’ll need to test the fans individually on that hub. The place to start is that fan #8 that is half lit. Put in in the #1 slot. If it’s still partially lit, the fan is the problem. If it lights up normally, add another fan to #2. If it only partially lights up, swap it out for the next fan. If it only partially lights in #2 that would be a bad hub. 

Bonjour voilà j'ai débranché le ventilateur huit qui s'allumait a moitié et brancher le neuf à la place du huit et le dix à la place du neuf et ils fonctionnent donc cela exclu le dysfonctionnement du hub led et confirme alors le dysfonctionnement du ventilateur sept qui par un défaut de led bloquais les autres.

Hello here I disconnected the fan eight which was half lit and plugged the nine in place of the eight and the ten in the place of the nine and they work so this excludes the malfunction of the led hub and then confirms the malfunction of the fan seven which by a led defect blocked the others.