Corsair Community

Corsair Headset Keeps Disconnecting

I have a Virtuso XT wireless headset that was disconnecting. I found the issue but is there any setting that i can set in my router to make it to where the 2.4 ghz signal does not interfere with my headset. I have some things in my house that use the 2.4 GHZ band. I disabled the radio until i can find a solution. ANY IDEAS??

Edited by Kuro5705
Typo

• Corsair Employees

Hey there, by chance how far is the router from your Virtuoso XT when you are using it? If you have the ability to change the band signal to 5GZ that would help.

Out of curiosity, how do you have the dongle connected? sometimes you can fix this issue by simply trying out the other USB ports on your motherboard to see if this helps with disconnecting.

Yeah i did disable the 2.4 ghz band and my router is behind me maybe about 2 or 3 feet. That did fix the issue but however my question was is there a setting in the router besides disabling the 2.4 ghz radio that can hel since i do have some things that only connect to the 2.4 ghz band 

And is there a problem with Icue since it likes to crash on me once a day and i did see that one of the optional updates from april is causing the issue but that was back in april are you guys still working on a fix for this particular issue??

I found a fix. Apparently if you have the 2.4ghz set to 20/40mhz is starts interfering with the signal on the wireless headset. I switched it to 20mhz only and Wa la no more disconnecting. If you have trouble with this please try switching the 2.4 ghz signal to 20 mhz only. I should work for Corsair lol