Corsair Community

Corsair AX1600i monitor individual cable power draw?

jak3All3n

Hello AX1600i owners, I read that through Corsair Link or iCue software, you can monitor the power draw of an individual cable/port e.g. 6+2 PCIe 1, 2, etc., and not just an overall power draw from the 12, 5, 3.3 voltages sources.

Is that true?

Can I monitor the power draw on the individual 4+4 CPU cables for example?

Thanks in advance!

Go to "Device Settings" in the AX1600 display in iCUE.

On 6/23/2022 at 5:06 AM, DevBiker said:

Go to "Device Settings" in the AX1600 display in iCUE.

This does not seem to work properly, dashboard show only overall voltage, wattage amps temperature efficency and fan RPM and input AC voltage when you click input wattage (shows input volts above the watts graph) but in device setting you can only see amps for cables and rails in multirail mode, cant see wattage and voltage, just amps

It isnt a big issue as you can caluclate watts using volts and amps but still something worth mentioning 🙂

Also encountered a bug with this, in device setting in multirail mode you cannot scroll to see more rails for some reason, you can see parts of + and - symbols for more entries in the menu but it wont scroll down no matter what

multirail_bug.png

4 hours ago, jak3All3n said:

Thanks DevBiker! I don't actually own the AX1600i but I am intrigued by this feature.

Here is how everything looks in icue if you are interested since you dont own it

You can see voltage, amps and watts for all the voltages (3.3v, 5v and 12v) and you can also see efficiency in realtime overall power input from the socket and overall power output, temperature and fan RPM

1089673834_monitoring1.thumb.png.3f9e5a61f654f0a1227a53885172d07b.png

Ignore the fact that mine is at 40c when pc is idling, its usually MUCH MUCH lower than that at idle its just that its summer and i have to wait until next year to install new Air Conditioner and i live in Croatia and it gets really hot during summer and even when not playing games my room gets to like 35c so i am basically cooking myself and my hardware whenever i fire up a demanding game like cyberpunk lol 🙂

Fan stays at zero RPM unless one or more of this conditions are met:

Drawing 650w of power on 12v or 100w on 5v or if temperature is too high (exact numbers might be a bit different as i dont remember exactly)

I have never had fan on this PSU turn on due to temperature, it only ever turned on when power draw was high and its really quiet.

If you click any of the number you get a graph of that value, also if you click on Power In wattage graph it also shows you the AC mains voltage input which is cool, in some places your ac mains voltage can vary depending on load on power plant so this way you can see how much your mains volages varies throught the day without sticking multimeter probes in sockets, not really an important feature but its cool to have it

1176987665_graphandmains.thumb.png.bdc1603ece1e6fecea3bdffa2219a4bb.png

You can set it to single rail OCP mode and Multi rail OCP mode and then set OCP current for each rails, if some device on the rail exceeds the current limit you have set for that rail the PSU will trip and shutdown itself.

1132287896_MultirailOCP.thumb.png.c180f29499026c19268377ff06b681df.png

All in all its a great and quality PSU, it feels solid and heavy in hands, modular cables come in a cool roll-up bag and you have 3 different colors of magnetic side "sticker" so you can match your build color if you have one of the cases with PSU window that makes it visible

The only thing that bothered me just a little bit is that included cables are not pretty, for example, EPS, PCIE and 24pin all have just a single big sleeve iver all wires at once instade of sleeve over every invidual wire and they also have heatshrink at near the connectors that make them kinda stick out and makes them hard to hide in tight places near the connectors but since its a modular power supply nothing stops you from getting new cables, you can get premium corsairs set of invidually sleeved cables or even custom ones from cablemod if you want so its not that big of an issue, i personally still havent replaced them and for now i am still using stock cables that came with the power supply.

If you have any questions regarding this PSU let me know and i will try to answer as i had this PSU for like 6 months now, took a long time to arrive once i ordered due to covid but when it finally arrived it was great 🙂

Thank you lucky.peic for the detailed answer!

I am debating between the HX1200i and the AX1600i, if the AX1600i doesn't actually show you wattage or current per cable, then it is no better than the HX1200i from the monitoring perspective. Glad you guys confirmed that the AX1600i can do it.

If you can, could you show me a screenshot of per cable current draw?

Edited by jak3All3n

current per cable isn't really useful usually.

You have power reading for each PCIe cable already on the Nvidia monitoring (i don't know for AMD), and the CPU power draw is more or less exactly what's going in the EPS cables.

Ah you mean like from GPU-Z?

I've got an Asus Rampage Extreme Encore motherboard which has the oddity of using 2 8-pin EPS cable + a 6-pin PCIe for the CPU, was always curious how much current that 6-pin was drawing if any.

On 7/2/2022 at 6:48 AM, jak3All3n said:

Thank you lucky.peic for the detailed answer!

I am debating between the HX1200i and the AX1600i, if the AX1600i doesn't actually show you wattage or current per cable, then it is no better than the HX1200i from the monitoring perspective. Glad you guys confirmed that the AX1600i can do it.

If you can, could you show me a screenshot of per cable current draw?

Here are two screenshots of device settings menu (which also shows current draw) wile running sea of thieves on my 3090 and also windows VM running in the background

current_1.png

Current_2.png

for a PSU, overkill is good ^^

It may be too powerful, but the power delivery is ridiculously clean (veeeery low ripple), and that's always good for your components.

Enjoy!