Corsair Community

h100x not working (?)

Hi all, so I think this is a pump failure. Any other suggestions?

New build: h100x in a Lian Li Dan A4 H2O (on gigabyte z690i)

test build outside case: temps look great

first boot up after installing in the case: temps in bios show a steady and rapid climb to/past 90 degrees, at which point I shut it off

I can confirm both cables are plugged in correctly. Lights and radiator fans work as expected.

It's a tight squeeze in this case but there are no obvious kinks in the hoses.

I can feel no pump vibration at the cpu block and hear no noise from the cpu block either.

Anything else I should try before I start an rma for (I guess) pump failure?

Cheers.

58 minutes ago, isidore4000 said:

first boot up after installing in the case: temps in bios show a steady and rapid climb to/past 90 degrees

58 minutes ago, isidore4000 said:

I can feel no pump vibration at the cpu block and hear no noise from the cpu block either.

First one is the classic sign of low or zero flow state.  Coupled with the second, it seems pretty clear the pump is not running.  All you can do here is check the SATA connection for power.  Try a different connector if available and if still nothing, send it back as defective or contact Corsair Support for the same purpose is the retailer is not cooperative.  

• Like 1

Evidence seems pretty straightforward.  Even though the invoice will indicate where and when you purchased this, make sure you explicitly state in your ticket you just bought this from Corsair directly.  Upload the invoice with the ticket and make sure you mention the two facts above and that you've already tried an alternate SATA connector.  That should keep the back and forth to a minimum and get things moving as quickly as possible.  

• Like 1