Corsair Community

Identifying / Unbundling PSU cables on Vengeance i7300

I'm upgrading storage in my i7300 pre-built, and I'd like to be able to find specific SATA power cables without undoing all the neatly dressed cables. Is there a guide somewhere that specifies how Corsair has bundled these cables and where I should look to find them and free them up to stretch to the SSD /HDD locations?

Don't you have a template your builders use when they're assembling the Best Buy prebuilts? It seems likely you'd work from that instead of having every builder work from scratch.

It does seem a bit much to ask your users to compose their own user guides!

it's just cable management..

At work for cabling of machines, the instructions just say.. "tidy up the cables using cable ties".. the rest is experience passed from person to person. I doubt they'd have precise instructions for every single prebuilt model with all the hardware variations.

We do just as Fer said when something need to be modified. take pictures, unbundle, do the business tid up as it was before.

With power supply cables, you have the advantage that they are so stiff they will naturally retain their shape when you remove the ties. it will be easy to put back exactly as they were.

On 6/23/2022 at 6:11 PM, LeDoyen said:

it's just cable management..

At work for cabling of machines, the instructions just say.. "tidy up the cables using cable ties".. the rest is experience passed from person to person. I doubt they'd have precise instructions for every single prebuilt model with all the hardware variations.

We do just as Fer said when something need to be modified. take pictures, unbundle, do the business tid up as it was before.

With power supply cables, you have the advantage that they are so stiff they will naturally retain their shape when you remove the ties. it will be easy to put back exactly as they were.

I think I'm beginning to understand the larger question I have: what are best practices/typical practices on cable management for these cases?

When you say "the rest is experience passed from person to person," you've actually helped me with my question. Rather than just start from scratch and acquire the experience myself through trial and error, I'd really like to benefit from others' experience, particularly those who have so expertly managed the cables in my prebuilt. I'm a teacher by profession, and I know there are certain "this is the best way to do it" ideas that get passed along, and I'd like to benefit from those ideas.

So if there's a tutorial or even a set of bullet points on best practices in cable management (i.e., best to keep these cables together if you can, best to keep those cables together, best to do things in this order, etc.), I'm sure I'd benefit from the instruction. I might even get an insight as to where to go looking first when I want to find a particular cable and not tear everything apart to find it.

That's good advice on the power supply cables. Thanks.

there's a ton of tutorials in youtube just for that 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pc+cable+management

The main problem with making something really all encompassing is that cable management will vary from case to case, what components are present etc... Some cases are terrible for it, some have great cable management features making it super easy.

I'd say it's a good starting point 🙂

I am not aware if Corsair has one such video. Since they sell PSUs, AIOs, and the most cable intensive RGB system on the market, it would be nice to make one, if none exists 😛

On 6/27/2022 at 1:13 PM, LeDoyen said:

there's a ton of tutorials in youtube just for that 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pc+cable+management

The main problem with making something really all encompassing is that cable management will vary from case to case, what components are present etc... Some cases are terrible for it, some have great cable management features making it super easy.

I'd say it's a good starting point 🙂

I am not aware if Corsair has one such video. Since they sell PSUs, AIOs, and the most cable intensive RGB system on the market, it would be nice to make one, if none exists 😛

Thanks for that search link. A ton of tutorials indeed. I look forward to diving in and getting some learning.

And you're right, there's not really a way to make anything all encompassing beyond some general principles, but as someone who's pretty much strung-and-stuffed in the past, I imagine even some general principles will be helpful for me.

Yes, it would to get a video of that kind from Corsair. This is my first computer with RGB and AIO, and I think I need to go to school on the RGB wiring in particular. Time to grok!

Thanks again for the search link.