Corsair Community

Corsair 5000D airflow case question

2 weeks ago i build my new pc with a 3080 and ICUE H115I RGB PRO XT but i dont like my case its very small and cable management is not great so i was looking to get a new case thats bigger and has more room and i was looking for the Corsair 5000D but my radiator is 280MM but i see alot of reviews where they put a ICUE H150I in it and i like to know can i put in my  ICUE H115I RGB PRO XT with the 280MM radiator would that fit or is that to small ?  in the front or top

• Corsair Employees
6 hours ago, FriendlyFireNL said:

2 weeks ago i build my new pc with a 3080 and ICUE H115I RGB PRO XT but i dont like my case its very small and cable management is not great so i was looking to get a new case thats bigger and has more room and i was looking for the Corsair 5000D but my radiator is 280MM but i see alot of reviews where they put a ICUE H150I in it and i like to know can i put in my  ICUE H115I RGB PRO XT with the 280MM radiator would that fit or is that to small ?  in the front or top

For the 5000D there should be loads of room for the H115i RGB Pro XT with its 280mm radiator at both the front or the top. Deciding between the two is really up to you and the aesthetic you want. Personally, I would recommend putting the radiator at the top as I prefer that for airflow and I like the three fan intake that comes with the 5000D case. But please follow up with us on what you decide and how your build ends up looking!

• 1 month later...

I personally run the H150i in my 5000d airflow, And i was able to mount fans on the rad in push/pull on the top for even better cooling, with the top dust filter staying fully functional. 

If you find the H115i is not cooling as well as needed you could consider running 2 additional fans in a push/pull configuration. **Just know that if you decide to do this your top dust filter will not work well as there will be gaps**

One thing to note is you should pre plan your fan connections. Consider USB availability and how you will connect the fans to the system. For myself, i ran 13 fans (3 in front, 3 on side, 1 on back) (6 in push/pull on rad). The rad fans were straight forward as they all connect to the included commander with the AIO. For the other 7 fans (assuming you wish to control them through icue) you will need a 2 commander xts... or 1 commander xt w/ 1 fan splitter and 1 rgb splitter. The splitters are not officially recognized through Corsair but it worked for me!

Good luck!