Corsair Community

Mixing fans question for new build

So basically I am doing a new build. I was going to get the 5000t rgb case. It comes with 3 ll 120's, which is perfect for me because I still have a new in the box ll 120 from a previous build I figured I would just use this for exhaust. The possible problem for me is it will be a 12900k and I currently only have a 240 aio. I want to get a 360 which is the reason I'm upgrading my case. However the aio comes with ml fans. Would I have to swap the fans or will it be ok

The Elite Capellix AIO units come with a Commander Core PWM/RGB controller. Both it and it’s sibling Commander XT have per port RGB control that allows easy mixing of fan led counts. This won’t make the ML-Elite with 8 center hub LEDs look like a ring fan, but they can all coexist.

You also will likely have an extra RGB hub or lighting node core somewhere if you needed to split the 3 ML-E off on another controller. By my count you have 7 fans and that is the larger issue. 6 is the max per controller for RGB do you likely will split them as 4 + 3 anyway. 

• Corsair Employees

The 5000T comes with a Commander CORE XT and if you're getting an ELITE CAPELLIX/LCD cooler, that will also come with a Commander CORE. Can use those two to power/control 12 fans in the case. 

You can fully mix/match fans on the controllers easily, with the exception being the 3-pin RGB out on the Commander CORE XT. That port is designed for our "dumb" strips and does not have the data return line to allow us to poll the strip and count the LEDs. 

this isnt a yt spam - check this out for fan control https://github.com/rem0o/fancontrol.releases - its the best user made software for fans, you can control tons of stuff - vid is on JayzTwoCents

• 5 months later...
On 6/11/2022 at 8:59 PM, c0rrupt said:

this isnt a yt spam - check this out for fan control https://github.com/rem0o/fancontrol.releases - its the best user made software for fans, you can control tons of stuff - vid is on JayzTwoCents

Hi! I cant get Fancontrol to work with my corsair fans. I downloaded THIS (Commander pro plugin). I did what he said but I still cant make it work. Do you know what might be the cause?

you did unblock the DLL as he showed? also iCUE has to be not running (icue closed AND corsair services stopped)