Corsair Community

K95 Platinum XT Keys flashing, miscolored

Several keys not working, won't change to correct colors, constantly flickering rapidly.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iCUE software. I tried checking for firmware and software updates. I tried "resetting" the keyboard by holding ESC for 15+ seconds while plugging it in.  The only thing that makes the keys stop flashing is setting a static color, and that color has to be full blue.. 0/0/255 or 0000FF.  Any other color in the full spectrum makes them flash/flicker and discolor.  

Have a support case submitted for RMA. No response yet.. how long do responses usually take? Just curious if I should go buy a different keyboard for the time being if it's going to be a while, because it's incredibly distracting.  Not just for gaming but I work from home.

Edited by NTCosa

No, that's a problem.  Try going to "check for update" -> (none).  Then it should give you a "force firmware update".  This will reload the current firmware.  If that does not do it, you might look at other options and this would likely be a RMA.  

Is this a new board?  Do you have vendor return options.  Corsair response time is typically 1-2 days on the first bite, but it can vary with calendar and product type.  Then it would require shipping to one of several global centers.  

27 minutes ago, c-attack said:

No, that's a problem.  Try going to "check for update" -> (none).  Then it should give you a "force firmware update".  This will reload the current firmware.  If that does not do it, you might look at other options and this would likely be a RMA.  

Is this a new board?  Do you have vendor return options.  Corsair response time is typically 1-2 days on the first bite, but it can vary with calendar and product type.  Then it would require shipping to one of several global centers.  

It is less than a year old, however, outside of the retail return period.  Thanks for the tip but it did not resolve completely.  It seems that made it stop flickering on 3 or 4 of the keys.  But a few keys that were flickering before are still flickering.  Also, the colors are still off.  Example, if I switch to static white, about 8 or 9 of the keys are pink.    

I assume Corsair does not cross ship? 

Edited by NTCosa

9 hours ago, NTCosa said:

assume Corsair does not cross ship? 

They do, but there are sometimes geographic or item price limits. A K95 XT should be available for this. Make sure you expressly ask the agent for it. There is a separate form they will send you. 

Rough guess is something has happened to power delivery for the LEDs. Probably not user solvable. Make sure you update the ticket with the information you listed above. You’ve done a soft reset, a hard reset, and the final nail would be if this issue persists regardless of whether CUE is running or not (like at boot, shutdown, etc). 

Edited by c-attack

• 1 month later...

Finally a whole 30 days later I received my RMA keyboard.. but this board has red coming through nearly every single key, even though in iCue it is set to 255/255/255.. all white.  It's still showing pink keys.  There is also seeming to be some LEDs completely out in the bar across the top...  WTH?  

RMA Request # 2005334650  

I paid for Advanced RMA as well, so Corsair has $400 of my money, and sent me a busted replacement keyboard to fix my original keyboard.

0711221609_HDR.jpg

0711221617.jpg

0711221617a.jpg