Jump to content
Corsair Community

Recommended Posts

  • Corsair Employees

Summer is coming - which means your PC will be recording higher temps for the duration of the season 😬.

What adjustments are you making to keep your PC cooler to survive the summer heat?

- Buying a better cooler?

- Restricting the amount of time playing or using your rig ?

- Blowing an external fan towards your PC 💨?

- AC on all day ?

 Or just leaving it and praying that it does not overheat 🤨 

Lets hear your solutions! 

image.gif.da01d6866bf61401b10d1bc2a0d2da15.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fan speed on my PC is controlled by the delta between ambient temperature and water temperature. That means, no matter what the room temperature is, they will auto adjust, without having to tweak anything.

It's a feature that's been requested regularely for iCUE (virtual sensors), and i bet the watercooling crowd would love to see it happen 🙂 Pass along to the devs !

Before leaving Corsair (watercooled 680X with Commander Pro) i had a normal fan curve, a winter fan curve and a heatwave fan curve, because the temperature here swings like crazy! (room at 15°C in winter, and over 40°C in summer).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

aside from maybe upping my fan curves a tad in anticipation of the extra heat, i have faith my H150i Elite AIO will be up to the job and at least i can see a real time view of temps thanks to the Elite LCD.



image.thumb.jpeg.9c9bb946404a41a752abc6d7c921b8a6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.13efd08e9a0e60d60434991bb7308a38.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
42 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

The fan speed on my PC is controlled by the delta between ambient temperature and water temperature. That means, no matter what the room temperature is, they will auto adjust, without having to tweak anything.

It's a feature that's been requested regularely for iCUE (virtual sensors), and i bet the watercooling crowd would love to see it happen 🙂 Pass along to the devs !

Before leaving Corsair (watercooled 680X with Commander Pro) i had a normal fan curve, a winter fan curve and a heatwave fan curve, because the temperature here swings like crazy! (room at 15°C in winter, and over 40°C in summer).

That sounds amazing! I will definitely try my best to send that along to the devs so we can maybe make that a reality! Damn that temperature swing is crazy, where I am that happens a lot too, even just throughout a day. It can be freezing in the morning and 100F by the afternoon 😬 definitely need to hop onto those custom fan curves!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
45 minutes ago, Zotty said:

aside from maybe upping my fan curves a tad in anticipation of the extra heat, i have faith my H150i Elite AIO will be up to the job and at least i can see a real time view of temps thanks to the Elite LCD.



image.thumb.jpeg.9c9bb946404a41a752abc6d7c921b8a6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.13efd08e9a0e60d60434991bb7308a38.jpeg

Your set up looks so good! Love the orange/black/red color scheme going on, and the cable management is amazing. The H150i Elite AIO will definitely do its job, and that LCD is a nice touch for checking temps! I honestly use mine to put gifs and check temps right in the software 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need tips on this haha, with the summer heat at an all time high here, and my broken ac i NEED to learn about this haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
22 hours ago, sgt_killer582 said:

I need tips on this haha, with the summer heat at an all time high here, and my broken ac i NEED to learn about this haha

Oh no the broken AC 🥵 that sounds like a total nightmare not only for the PC but also yourself! I would first make sure you clean out the dust pretty frequently. Since your AC is broken and you need to stay cool too, a standing fan near your set up. Maybe even changing the thermal paste on your CPU can help a ton! I know someone who changed their thermal paste and the temps went down a few degrees. Changing the intake/exhaust fans on your case can help too! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Corsair Crimson said:

Oh no the broken AC 🥵 that sounds like a total nightmare not only for the PC but also yourself! I would first make sure you clean out the dust pretty frequently. Since your AC is broken and you need to stay cool too, a standing fan near your set up. Maybe even changing the thermal paste on your CPU can help a ton! I know someone who changed their thermal paste and the temps went down a few degrees. Changing the intake/exhaust fans on your case can help too! 

Oh it very much is haha it just wonderful! I just got my pc so i should be good on that thermal paste (i hope😅), but yeah ive had to clean it a bit now, besides changing the fans is there other things to keep those temps down?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

watercooling the GPU 😛

as effective as it is costly though. 

Jokes aside : removing the intake dust filters temporarely during heatwaves (but you will have to clean the PC a bit more often), maybe removing glass panels if there are in front of fans, maybe opening the case if it's really out of control! Anything that can improve airflow will help.

And of course keeping the room ventilated, even if the AC is broken and it's toasty hot outside. The PC will make the room more than toasty and you will enjoy dehydration 🙂

Limiting framerate or capping the GPU power will also help : less heat emitted.

Edited by LeDoyen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
2 hours ago, sgt_killer582 said:

Oh it very much is haha it just wonderful! I just got my pc so i should be good on that thermal paste (i hope😅), but yeah ive had to clean it a bit now, besides changing the fans is there other things to keep those temps down?

LeDoyen had some great tips too! Make sure you're monitoring the temps on a software (ex. iCUE). If you are overclocking, I would advise against doing that too much in the summer since you are overexerting your CPU which will cause temps to increase. With fans, you generally want the amount of air coming in and going out to be the same. Being nitpicky, even making sure your cable management is tidy because wires everywhere can cause air to be trapped and the airflow to be bad. Like LeDoyen said, anything to improve airflow is best. Best of luck! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey @Corsair Crimson, here's a practical example of the usefulness of virtual sensors. If iCUE had that feature, it would be problem easily solved, with fan curves adjusting to ambient temp 🙂

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
16 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

Hey @Corsair Crimson, here's a practical example of the usefulness of virtual sensors. If iCUE had that feature, it would be problem easily solved, with fan curves adjusting to ambient temp 🙂

 

 

Thanks for this! It sounds good, will to my best to bring this up to the team!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 corsair ML fans and and a H150i elite 360mm rad. Sophie's doing fine so far. I overspent on my cooling a little, But being in South Mississippi, "heat and humility" On cooling for a PC it's "pay now or pay later"... Frontloading the expense seemed by far the better option. Sophie seems to be very happy with the decision i made. :]  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
2 hours ago, LadyLucy0 said:

6 corsair ML fans and and a H150i elite 360mm rad. Sophie's doing fine so far. I overspent on my cooling a little, But being in South Mississippi, "heat and humility" On cooling for a PC it's "pay now or pay later"... Frontloading the expense seemed by far the better option. Sophie seems to be very happy with the decision i made. :]  

I love that you gave your PC a name! Our h150i Elite is 👌 for cooling. When living in such a hot and humid place, having an excellent cooler is key to not over heat your PC. Thanks for loving our h150i Elite!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have installed 3x 420mm radiators with 45mm thickness at my desk. The 9x 140mm fans  exactly the same. In addition, my desk has 3x 140mm fans in the front that cool ram and co with ~450rpm, and a 120mm fan in the back. 
With the 13 fans I have never had problems in the summer.
I always test with Prime95 and various graphics benchmark programs, the maximum load / heat development and then I set the fan curve, which is based on the water temperature. 
Idle water temp is +-0.5°C = room temperature. I have about 1.8 liters of liquid in the system. 
I may have overdone it a bit, but this way I can run the fans nice and slow and quiet.

(google Translation...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, Corsair Crimson said:

I love that you gave your PC a name! Our h150i Elite is 👌 for cooling. When living in such a hot and humid place, having an excellent cooler is key to not over heat your PC. Thanks for loving our h150i Elite!!

Added a pic of Sophie for you. :]

ufp[1941].jpg

Edited by LadyLucy0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
17 minutes ago, LadyLucy0 said:

Added a pic of Sophie for you. :]

ufp[1941].jpg

I love Sophie and the purple/blue (galaxy?) color scheme!! The RGB and cable management is immaculate 👌 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Corsair Crimson said:

I love Sophie and the purple/blue (galaxy?) color scheme!! The RGB and cable management is immaculate 👌 

Cotton Candy, It shifts from purple to blue. I will take off the glass panel so i can get some better pics. I also need to get the other side panel off to show you the back cable managing that was a chore... "less cables please..." When i get some time i will take a post the pics to the build forum. That forum could really use some more middle of the road system builds. :]

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What?! it's not a 200 pounder full custom watercooled build that did cost you a kidney and your youngest child? shame !

Elegance doesn't require much, just some attention to details 🙂 

One day i'll tackle cable management. Those cable bars are just evil, they entice you into shoving bunches of cables and hide them, never to be seen again, until you need to disconnect a cable or route a new one.. then you hate life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
On 6/22/2022 at 5:04 PM, LadyLucy0 said:

Cotton Candy, It shifts from purple to blue. I will take off the glass panel so i can get some better pics. I also need to get the other side panel off to show you the back cable managing that was a chore... "less cables please..." When i get some time i will take a post the pics to the build forum. That forum could really use some more middle of the road system builds. :]

yes yes! please post on the forums, we love to see PC builds!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
8 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

What?! it's not a 200 pounder full custom watercooled build that did cost you a kidney and your youngest child? shame !

Elegance doesn't require much, just some attention to details 🙂 

One day i'll tackle cable management. Those cable bars are just evil, they entice you into shoving bunches of cables and hide them, never to be seen again, until you need to disconnect a cable or route a new one.. then you hate life.

You just described my PC 🙊 I will get to them one day.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...