Corsair Community

Virtuoso RGB Battery Drain While Unused

This is the 2nd headset for me. The 1st was put down with a "Battery Status High" and when I returned several days later the battery was dead and would not recharge. Four days ago I put this headset down with "Battery Status High". It did not get used, moved or looked at for 4 days. The LEDs are turned off. It now shows "Battery Status Low". That's quite the power drain for a static headset. I plugged it in the USB port and heard "Charging" from the headset (The 1st one did that too). Ten minutes later I pulled the USB plug and it shows "Battery Status High". Pretty good for 10 minutes!!! To be fair it could be at the top of Battery Status Low to the bottom of Battery Status High (30ish%). But I still question the accuracy of the way to simple battery gauge. This is the digital age after all.

But back to the real question. You can use them for "Up To" 20 hours but you can't let them sit unused for 4 or 5 days? That just does not seem right to me. Or am I missing something? Can I do something to overt this issue? And while we are here can the flashing green light go solid when fully charged? My construction tools do that. And those batteries can sit for months in the tool unused.

Mark

• Corsair Employees

If you are leaving the headset on Wireless and connected it will use battery. If your intent is to put the headset down for several days without use you should be turning the headset to the off/USB setting to avoid the battery from draining.

Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I will do.

Mark

Turning the headset off/USB did solve the battery drain. This is what I do when I'm done for the day. Hopefully the switch will hold up. The other upside to this is I now get better than 15 hours of music time on a charge with the LEDs off. It's nice the advertised 20 hours is not just a dream.