Jump to content
Corsair Community

Icue and H115i hydra fans spinning up


Recommended Posts

i have Icue 4.24.193, all updated. i have a problem with 3x HD120 fans spinning up randomly.

i have set a custom cooling profile connected to H115i coolant temp. going quiet until 80c.
What happends is that the fan monitoring is all ok when Icue starts up. then after ca 5 minutes the monitoring stop up and the fans goes "highwire" from 70%-100%.
If i close icue and stop Corsairservice and corsairLLAservice then restart icue, everything goes as inteded , aka quiet. then again after ca 5 minutes ; same problem.

everything is updated. This happends regardless of watching youtube or gaming, or normal office use.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the coolant will never go that high. the AIO seems to go in alarm state (i believe close to 60°C) and accelerates the fans to cool down the water.

For coolant you'll want your fan curve to max at 55 - 60°C

Water temp will often vary between 35 - 45° in idle/use but shouldn't go higher than that.

The fan curve as you've set it is too slow and allows the water to overheat i believe.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

Do you happen to be running other hardware monitoring software such as AIDA64, HWiNFO64, HWMonitor, etc... ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Do you happen to be running other hardware monitoring software such as AIDA64, HWiNFO64, HWMonitor, etc... ?

nope. i know thats a "nono". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

this is my custom setup, and warning, last pic is a snap of how it normally looks like when all is good. when the fans start ramping up... all the fans are flat out on like 650-900rpm... just a flat line, nothing moving.
my setup = i7 8700k, asus z370, m.2 disk, rtx2070, air in on bottom (3 x 140) , front (3 x 120) , back ( 1  x 140) and exhaust on top( 3 x 140).  edit 2: i have cleaned the CPU and reapplied new paste.
 

Skjermbilde 2022-06-07 222219.png

Skjermbilde 2022-06-07 222152.png

Skjermbilde 2022-06-07 222601.png

Edited by k-i-b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, do this is for the HD case fans on the Commander Pro. Frankly I am surprised you can get them that low. Minimum run speed on a HD120 should be approximately 800 rpm and about 600 rpm on the 140mm model. Are you forcing the Commander Pro into 3 pin DC mode?  Check the Commander Pro settings. They should all be on 4 pin (PWM) for the HDs.
 

As mentioned above I’m not sure that curve is appropriate for case fan control. Your H115i temp should hit an absolute max of 40-45C. If you are anything above that we need to assess the AIO. However, it should not make the fans behave this way and they should sit at the minimum constantly.
 

Does your programmed alert actually trigger?  If so it will leave a notification in the upper right corner. I am assuming the fans are not following their instructions, but if the warning is triggered then we are back to looking at the AIO.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Ok, do this is for the HD case fans on the Commander Pro. Frankly I am surprised you can get them that low. Minimum run speed on a HD120 should be approximately 800 rpm and about 600 rpm on the 140mm model. Are you forcing the Commander Pro into 3 pin DC mode?  Check the Commander Pro settings. They should all be on 4 pin (PWM) for the HDs.
 

As mentioned above I’m not sure that curve is appropriate for case fan control. Your H115i temp should hit an absolute max of 40-45C. If you are anything above that we need to assess the AIO. However, it should not make the fans behave this way and they should sit at the minimum constantly.
 

Does your programmed alert actually trigger?  If so it will leave a notification in the upper right corner. I am assuming the fans are not following their instructions, but if the warning is triggered then we are back to looking at the AIO.   

...They should all be on 4 pin (PWM) for the HDs.: they are all on auto mode
...Does your programmed alert actually trigger: nope not a single alert.

the strange thing is... as soon as i shut off icue, then stop the services, then restart icue,,, its all back to quiet and "fellgood".... then 5 minutes into world of warcraft... BOOM... its like havving a F16 engine on my desk...
****HARK***  the eyes is the last thing to get blinded... the AIO is havving an IN and OUT... i miiight have put the cooler upside down,,, aka warm water going out... in the bottom... cold water in the top.... MY EEEYES.... /blushohshit/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regardless of how you've set up the case, you can't reach 80C coolant.  The PC will shutdown about 20C before that.  I am not sure if the Commander is fine, but having trouble with H115i Temp data or if the there is a problem with the Commander Pro (hardware or software).  The old GTX/v2 coolers that includes the "H115i" had some funny quirks with graphing and the last data point, along with a forced alarm response at 40C.  That applied to the H115i's internal controller and so its fans only, but I do wonder if there is a connection.  When you're gaming, what kind of H115i Temp do you normally see?

 

Auto should work, but since you are using 4 pin PWM fans, setting the Commander to 4 pin will skip the 12v start-up test on boot that makes the fans hit 100% for a few seconds.  Still not sure how you can get HD120s down to 300 rpm.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, c-attack said:

When you're gaming, what kind of H115i Temp do you normally see?

Auto should work, but since you are using 4 pin PWM fans, setting the Commander to 4 pin will skip the 12v start-up test on boot that makes the fans hit 100% for a few seconds.  Still not sure how you can get HD120s down to 300 rpm.  

...When you're gaming:  normally its waayyy up there in the 90's 😮

...Auto should work, but since you are using 4 pin PWM fans, setting the Commander to 4 pin will skip the 12v start-up test on boot that makes the fans hit 100% for a few seconds...:  oki. changed from auto to 4 pin

and... i did change the paste again today, and bloody hell... what a mess... no wonder it was going hot.... changed it now and this time i did put enough on...
and so far... "shhhh" its-oh-soo-quiet...
btw... fans on 301-305 🙂

here's a peek at dashboard looks like on browsing / idle 15 mins after paste change. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, k-i-b said:

When you're gaming:  normally its waayyy up there in the 90's 😮

H115i Coolant temp on the AIO screen???  Or cpu temp?  If H115i coolant temp is 90C, then your CPU would be throttling like crazy off the 105C limiter for the cpu. 90C is still too much for any 8700K unless you are running a very high Vcore, but possible for peak temp with a H115i temp in the low 40s. 
 

The coolant temp appears to be steady in the video. If you were in a restricted flow state it would have been slowly increasing while you were recording. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, c-attack said:

H115i Coolant temp on the AIO screen???  Or cpu temp?  If H115i coolant temp is 90C, then your CPU would be throttling like crazy off the 105C limiter for the cpu. 90C is still too much for any 8700K unless you are running a very high Vcore, but possible for peak temp with a H115i temp in the low 40s. 
 

The coolant temp appears to be steady in the video. If you were in a restricted flow state it would have been slowly increasing while you were recording. 

wups... cpu temp ofc... but after i changed its all good except... that monitoring thingy...
its still hung up after som minutes... only way is to stop icue and services

Link to comment
Share on other sites

as you can see,,, all the bar's are flat... temps now are while im gaming wow 9.2 at max settings rtx maxed out

Skjermbilde 2022-06-08 124121.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...