Corsair Community

Corsair h100i cooling liquid temp

Recently my water cooler liquid temp has been 60-70c it has never gotten this hot. I do not OC my cpu and I have had the cooler go into warning alerts about 10 times since this has started. The cpu is not over heating but the coolant is heating up hotter than it used to.

That's not right, at all. Contact Corsair Support .... that likely needs to be replaced.

Posted (edited)

What is the CPU temp? And are you runnign any other monitoring tools? Also, what cooler?
That doesn't sound right at all.

Edited by DevBiker

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Chantico said:

but when I feel the cooling tubes they feel very hot.

Both tubes feel warm?  Or just one?

When you cold boot after the pc has been off a while, can you see the coolant and cpu temp ticking up at a continuous rate?

Also, can you confirm your exact AIO model?  “H100i” (2013)?  H100i GTX/v2? H100i Pro, Platinum, XT, Elite, etc., etc.

Edited by c-attack

Posted (edited)

Both tubes should feel warm when the liquid is over 38C or so.  If you detect a strong difference between them (one hot, one cool), that is a major warning sign there is no flow and a result of heat building up from the block rather than continuous liquid flow.  

Possible it is a sensor error if CPU max is 70-80 under load.  The coolant temp is the minimum possible CPU temperature with zero load/voltage.  So if the H115i Elite Temp was 60C, then your CPU would sit at 60C minimum at the lowest possible voltage state.  If your CPU idles at 30-35C and the coolant reads anything markedly above that, there is a problem with the sensor or data.

Edited by c-attack