Corsair Community

RGB colour scheme changes when I close the icue app

Posted (edited)

when i close the app (i close it from the hidden icons tabs and quit application) the rgb is still there but the pattern changes. i have the same colour scheme placed in ' lighting effects' and 'hardware lighting' so i assume it should stay the same. this problem also occurs when i lock the pc.

edit: im using it for rgb pro ram and k70 mk2 keyboard.

Edited by aelmo_03

Posted (edited)

Hi Buddy,

This is all your devices reverting to Hardware Lighting mode due to no software connection.. if you look in iCUE for most devices you will find a Hardware Lighting mode setting and can alter the resulting lighting to your liking.

Edited by Zotty

46 minutes ago, Zotty said:

Hi Buddy,

This is all your devices reverting to Hardware Lighting mode due to no software connection.. if you look in iCUE for most devices you will find a Hardware Lighting mode setting and can alter the resulting lighting to your liking.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I did alter the hardware lighting mode and I made it the same settings as the lighting effect mode Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the hardware lighting mode for when the ICUE program isn't running, so shouldn't the lighting be the same whether I have ICUE launched or not since I have the same lighting settings for 'hardware' and 'lighting effect' modes. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aelmo_03 said:

k70 mk2 keyboard.

Most keyboards need an extra step.  First you have to create it in the hardware lighting section.  Then you need to save it to the keyboard itself from the Devices tab.  The K70 MK2 should have 3 save slots.  The profile button above F2 will cycle between the three HW slots when CUE is not running.

RAM is more straightforward and when you set it in HW Lighting you'll notice a slight delay between your input and when it changes on the RAM.  That is the delay for saving the effect to the RAM.  CUE will preview the effect while you are actively on the HW Lighting.  

Across the board, not all effects are exactly the same in HW mode.  There are limits to how complex you can make things when running from the device MCU.  KBs and RAM fair better than fans which tend to have the most elaborate effects.  

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1