Corsair Community

Fan Speed Trouble

I sent my PC in for repair and now that I got it back the fans on my radiator are running at what I can only assume is max RPM despite ICUE stating they are running at zero and I can't change it.

unknown-37.png

Posted (edited)

Which AIO are you using?  Elite Capellix with the Commander Core?  Or earlier model with the fan controller in the pump/block?

Disconnect the fans from the controller and reconnect. 

Edited by c-attack

i wonder if they are even plugged on the controller ^^' some repair shops have the habit of plugging everything to the mobo for some obscure reason

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fans should be connected to the 4 pin connectors coming off the pump block.  As LeDoyen mentioned, a lot of builders hook everything to the motherboard, either deliberately in case you don't install the software or out of ignorance.  Since the Platinum has two independent PWM headers (one for each fan), the odds of both of them having a simultaneous tach wire/pin malfunction is pretty low -- unless both pins are now broken.  Odds are the fans are not connected to the pump at all as suggested above.  

Edited by c-attack

Posted (edited)

Could be someone is following a checklist. If you don’t have something on CPU fan, the MB will not let you boot. More importantly, is that the issue?  You shouldn’t have to take it apart to see. There should be a twin wire fan connector coming off the pump block. Is it still there?  Are there two fans connected?  Or the alternative is follow the wire back from the radiator fans. 

Edited by c-attack

• Corsair Employees

As the others pointed out it definitely sounds like whoever you took the system to for repair decided to plug the fans directly into the motherboard fan headers.

Terrible behaviour. Unless definitely plugged wrong (and not working), a shop should not change your port/header usage - at least not without asking first. I could only imagine like a trainee plugged put everything, without prior notice of whats plugged in where 😄