Corsair Community

How To Remove The Power Supply Shroud On The Corsair 1000D Case?

Aceolus

Hey guys,

I just got the Corsair Obsidian 1000D case and upon installing my power supply, I can't seem to figure out how to remove the power supply shroud to install my power supply. Does anyone know how to remove the shroud?

• Administrators
On 8/25/2018 at 7:51 PM, cc10101 said:

You have to remove the PSU shroud. There's two thumb-screws, one on the back panel and one back in the cable management area.

The side panel thumbscrew can be seen in the following image (look just to the left of the Commander Pro cable hanging down):

And the rear thumbscrew can be seen in this image (to the right of the hole for the PSU):

On 8/26/2018 at 2:31 AM, Zotty said:

pictures showing the thumb screw locations on the shroud

http://i.imgur.com/AtZZoupl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TelztZ9l.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Technobeard said:

Thank you so much for pointing those out! Although I did unscrew both of the thumb screws as noted, the shroud still doesn't move. Is there something else, holding it in place?

i don't own the case, but if you look on the top left of the second photo, there are tabs on the shroud that seem to slide in the case. you most likely have to slide the shroud to disengage these

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

i don't own the case, but if you look on the top left of the second photo, there are tabs on the shroud that seem to slide in the case. you most likely have to slide the shroud to disengage these

I have tried sliding the shroud after removing the thumb screws but no luck.

Posted (edited)

the shroud can be a bit tight on its first slide out. it slides towards the front of the case by around 20mm to release it fully.

as said by LeDoyen.. look at those slide catches.. will help you work out whats keeping it held in... some people in my Discord Server have used a plastic 'spudger' type tool in the past to help lever it forward

Edited by Zotty