Corsair Community

Set Single G6 Key to Mute/Unmute Zoom Mic while ALSO changing key color from Red to Green

Posted (edited)

I am able to program the G6 key to mute/unmute my Zoom Mic which works fine with Key Assignments on my K100. What I would like to achieve is to also make that G6 key turn Green when I press it to unmute Zoom mic and then turn red again when I press the key to mute the Zoom mic. The default state of the G6 key should be Red until pressed which then should change to Green to show Mic On.

How would I go about doing this while still keeping the rest of they keys a static color? Thank you for your help.

Edited by inurb

You'll do the key remap to your mute button in Zoom under the KB Assignments section.  That part is pretty straightforward.

For the lighting, you'll want to make G6 red for the underlying lighting state (assuming default mic state is muted) and then create a custom "solid" lighting effect that starts "on key press" and stops "on key press".  This will toggle it green as you unmute and then it will go back red when you press G6 again.  If your preferred state is the opposite (mic on default, mute on G6), then swap the colors.  

Screenshot (270).png

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 8:13 PM, c-attack said:

You'll do the key remap to your mute button in Zoom under the KB Assignments section.  That part is pretty straightforward.

For the lighting, you'll want to make G6 red for the underlying lighting state (assuming default mic state is muted) and then create a custom "solid" lighting effect that starts "on key press" and stops "on key press".  This will toggle it green as you unmute and then it will go back red when you press G6 again.  If your preferred state is the opposite (mic on default, mute on G6), then swap the colors.  

Screenshot (270).png

c-attack, Thank you! this is gave me the exact behavior I was looking for. Now when I press the key that is currently in a default RED color state it turns Green and my Zoom microphone becomes active. I also set up another key to do the same thing for my Zoom camera. 

THANK YOU! I don't need to buy a stream deck now 🙂

I would have never figured this out because positioning the lighting layers and the specific order to place them would have never occurred to me. On my first attempt I was able to get the desired behavior but it was limited to 99 key presses before the key reached it's key press limit and returned to a key state off.

Thanks again!