Corsair Community

LL120 vs ML120

Hey guys so I’m currently going to be doing my first PC build with the 4000d case. I’m wondering for the front fans should do LL 120 360-2200rpm 63cfm or ML 120 450-2000rpm 58.1cfm? I also want to get another fan for the rear should I purchase the same one as I chose for the front? Should I buy the commander pro? I will attach some photos thanks for the help guys.

453BB56A-2887-4C4C-A2C3-3A091E9CBD7E.jpeg

F926B97B-8563-4B6C-89C7-A90A7F2A6751.jpeg

• Corsair Employees

Hey there! Welcome to the family! Love that you're building your first PC and thanks for choosing to go with our case and fans. Both are great choices, the MLs are much quieter for sure so if that is a big factor then I would go with MLs. Can I ask which cooler or fans you will use for the top/bottom? If using our H150i Elite Capellix, those come with 3 ML120s AND a commander core (which if you have this you wont need the Commander pro). Also, it is much easier to control and have your fans match when you buy the same ones 😉 As for needing a commander pro, it is not necessary however, it will make controlling the fans and RGB way easier especially if all your fans have RGB. 

The commander pro/core connects all the fans together to iCUE and will allow RGB/Fan RPM Control & System Monitoring via iCUE. If you don't use the commander pro you can still control the RGB but your fan speed will need to be controlled through your motherboard. 

Please use this thread for a more detailed guide! 

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2022 at 4:35 PM, Alex UA6 said:

Hey guys so I’m currently going to be doing my first PC build with the 4000d case. I’m wondering for the front fans should do LL 120 360-2200rpm 63cfm or ML 120 450-2000rpm 58.1cfm? I also want to get another fan for the rear should I purchase the same one as I chose for the front? Should I buy the commander pro? I will attach some photos thanks for the help guys.

how are you cooling your build buddy?.

if you have looked at the Corsair Elite AIO coolers? you get a 6 fan controller (Commander Core) with it which would negate the need for the Commander Pro...

Check my signature below for links to the Elite cooler FAQ.

Edited by Zotty