Corsair Community

System Crashing. Any Reason to Update BIOS?

I have an older Corsair system - the SKU is CS-9000017-NA/RF.    This is not the sytem I purchased (in Australia) - but it was returned to me by Corsair after I had returned my original system for repair.

The BIOS in place is American Megatrends Inc. 2.QG 17/12/2018.

Is this an appropriate / current BIOS for this machine?

I ask the question because of late, the machine has been crashing and upon recovery from the crash, it boots into the BIOS and the SSD is not visible in the list of devices shown in the BIOS.    It usually will boot again properly if depowered and left off for several minutes.

thanks

The problem is the SSD. Many people including me were facing this exact same problem.

See below discussion and solution. Basically, you need to replace the SDD and all problems will be gone.

It is not related to BIOS.

Thanks for that.  I read through the thread you referenced - certainly SSDs appeared to be fault.   Only question on my mind is that my machine is I think an older model and I haven't seen similar reports for machines of my generation.  This links appears to represent my machine (a 2nd hand model I assume?):

CORSAIR ONE™ PRO Compact Gaming PC - Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4-2666, 480GB M.2 NVME SSD, 2TB HDD (Refurbished)

The SSD included in my machine is a Samsung:  

image.png.a01d08d4061c44b60eafec77a2aea37a.png

I'm using i145s with Intel i7 9700K and Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB.

I faced the same problem as other people (Windows crashes, boots to BIOS, and the SDD disappears, it works again after depowered for several minutes).

All problems are gone once I replaced the SSD to 970 EVO Plus by myself.