Corsair Community

HS80 Headset is no longer pairing with the dongle.

Hi

Yesterday my HS80 are not able to connect with the dongle anymore, I uninstalled ICUE and installed it again and still not working.

The corsair logo flashes red for 2 - 3 minutes and then goes off, this happens while the Headsets are also flashing to pair with the dongle.

I followed the soft reset guide and still not working, seems to be that the latest update broke them???

I really need some assistance.

thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employees

Does the iCUE software recognize the wireless receiver? Does it recognize the headset when plugged in via USB cable? Have you tried the pairing button to re-pair the dongle and headset?

• Corsair Employees

What firmware versions are being reported by the dongle and the headset?

8 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

What firmware versions are being reported by the dongle and the headset?

Headset v5.6.39

Dongle 5.7.115

if both must have the same version that could be the issue,  now if i try to update the software on the headset it tells me that it is the latest version, if i force the update ICUE crash a few seconds later while looking for an update. 

• Corsair Employees
13 hours ago, rromerou said:

Headset v5.6.39

Dongle 5.7.115

if both must have the same version that could be the issue,  now if i try to update the software on the headset it tells me that it is the latest version, if i force the update ICUE crash a few seconds later while looking for an update. 

Follow the instructions in the link below to pair the headset and wireless receiver back together. If it still doesn't work then you will need to reach out to our support team by opening a ticket at http://help.corsair.com.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/6268290956173-How-to-Pair-a-Slipstream-wireless-headset-with-its-wireless-receiver

1 hour ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Follow the instructions in the link below to pair the headset and wireless receiver back together. If it still doesn't work then you will need to reach out to our support team by opening a ticket at http://help.corsair.com.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/6268290956173-How-to-Pair-a-Slipstream-wireless-headset-with-its-wireless-receiver

Hey!!!!!!!! it worked thanks very much,  i appreciate your help. 

• Corsair Employees

Glad to hear it.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Glad to hear it.

The only way to pair the headset and its dongle is by connecting both on the back of the PC then?

Because i had them connected one 8n the front USB port and the other in the back and those icons never appear.

another question:

what about the version difference between the dongle and  the receiver is that Ok?

Edited by rromerou

• Corsair Employees
53 minutes ago, rromerou said:

The only way to pair the headset and its dongle is by connecting both on the back of the PC then?

Because i had them connected one 8n the front USB port and the other in the back and those icons never appear.

another question:

what about the version difference between the dongle and  the receiver is that Ok?

The USB issue you are asking about is going to be dependent upon your motherboard and the quality of the USB being utilized. If plugged into a front panel USB it is also dependent upon if the USB header on the motherboard is a full USB port as some motherboards they can actually be cutdown instead of full USB2.0, only being half.

As for the firmware, both the headset and wireless receiver firmware are separate and will not be the same.

• Like 1