Corsair Community

H150i elite capellix Aio with No Rgb fans

Hello all,

Trying to find out if you can use non RGB Fans with H150i elite capellix  AIO. A friend of mine has decide to go costume water cooling after using h150i for a year. There nothing wrong with it, he going to use the rgb fans that came with it in his new build (since all 10 rgb fans match). I have 7 Ml 120mm standard non rgb fans sitting here and want to put the AIO in a blacked out build of spare parts using those fans. I'm thinking it will work, but not sure about Icue software having a problem with non rgb fans on the AIO. Do I even need  Icue? There not going to be any rgb at all in the spare part build. Will the Aio work without Icue? Thank for any replies to my questions.

The AIO works without CUE and will run the last known fan curve. However, the Elite Capellix funnels power through the Commander Core controller. No requirement for RGB and it is a 6 fan PWM controller on one side and 6 unneeded RGB ports on the other. You will be able to set the pump led to 0/0/0 in CUE and can choose later whether you want to run it, but installing the software and setting it not to run on start up may be preferable so you have quick access to fan speed control. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 5:04 AM, c-attack said:

The AIO works without CUE and will run the last known fan curve. However, the Elite Capellix funnels power through the Commander Core controller. No requirement for RGB and it is a 6 fan PWM controller on one side and 6 unneeded RGB ports on the other. You will be able to set the pump led to 0/0/0 in CUE and can choose later whether you want to run it, but installing the software and setting it not to run on start up may be preferable so you have quick access to fan speed control. 

Thanks for the reply and information.