Corsair Community

New ICUE update has broken wallpaper engine

So i recently updated the the latest update on ICUE4 4.24.193 and when entering sleep mode or going on standby, the ICUE sdk for wallpaper engine decides to break. Restarting wallpaper engine dosnt fix the issue, the only way is to restart your pc. (Have got a plugin delay of 10sec so it dosnt mess up when loading ICUE)

Not sure if other people are having the same issue?

I'm having this same issue too. When I booted up my pc 2 days ago it worked but then I login today and had the same issue as you I even tried updating and I still can't get my lights to work with wallpaper engine.

Posted (edited)

Hello, I have 3 builds here that do the same thing. If you lock the PC, unlocking it will no longer load the LED colour scheme from Wallpaper Engine. I've made a quick post about it as well over at the steam forums.

Unlocking PC (Windows 11) no longer triggers LED effects for Corsair iCUE systems :: Wallpaper Engine General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

Edited by Theos25

• Corsair Employees

You are going to have to reach out to Wallpaper Engine for support as they utilize our SDK to hook into iCUE and any support required will have to go through them. 

I have spoken to Wallpaper Engine Support. They are believe this was broken by Corsair and there is nothing they can do to fix this. image.thumb.png.b1b502b72cf9685cdbd55a808b5daf6a.png

• Like 1

I went back to a older version of icue and i got my lights to sync back with wallpaper engine. So yes it is on the corsair side. Maybe they can come with a new update that fixes the issue.

• Corsair Employees

With the current build of iCUE 4.24.193 I have Wallpaper Engine integration working without issue. Make sure you have enabled the option in the Wallpaper Engine Plugins settings, also make sure that it is enabled in the iCUE settings as well, and restart Wallpaper Engine. If it is still not working follow the instructions below to perform a clean install/uninstall of the iCUE 4 software.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

image.png.cfc39cfbd02bb0e8ef856da49444437e.pngimage.png.3d283da3120e8be6bbd58ece6bcf7785.png

Even after reinstalling ICUE and wallpaper engine, the issue still occurs,

its somethig to do with the latest update of ICUE

im running on windows 10 so i shouldnt be having the issue what was said above

• Corsair Employees

Make sure you performed the clean install instructions I linked in my previous post. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Make sure you performed the clean install instructions I linked in my previous post. 

yeah i followed the instrustions when i did the clean insall yesterday, still the same issue

is there a possible way to add function where you can downgrade the the last version of ICUE?

Edited by Exclusive_

• Corsair Employees

What happens if with iCUE running, you close Wallpaper Engine, and then reopen it?

Closing wallpaper engine then reopening it with icue running still causes the same problem. I went back to a old version of icue and it's working with wallpaper engine.

• Like 1

This is what the Devs shared with me. I've also tired fresh installs on multiple PC's. It does not function after unlocking.

image.png.5dd82ea53b53ebf80b51608a72cd68fe.png

i think im having a similar issue

hiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg

• Corsair Employees
6 minutes ago, Lou0717 said:

i think im having a similar issue

hiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg

Close Wallpaper Engine... Go to the iCUE software Settings, Restart iCUE Service, close iCUE, and then Restart iCUE. Also if you have Armoury Crate installed, open the update center and make sure it and the modules for your Asus products are fully updated then restart your system. Asus pushed a fairly big update out for Armoury Crate towards the end of last month and if it needs those updates you can notice issues with RGB on DRAM not working correctly.

hi thanks for the reply but i do not use wallper engine or armoury crate

Seems everyone went silent on this one. Breaks crucial functionality for me. (where I get my colour themes from and daily usage of my PC). Hopefully the investigation hasn't stalled.

On 6/13/2022 at 9:28 AM, Y8s said:

I just down graded to  a old version of icue and my stuff works now but i'll upgrade once i hear a new update fixes the issue

Seems like I should probably do the same

Ok i was just looking for this problem and i found this. I opened wallpaper engine->Settings->Plugins->choose settings on icue and chroma SDK-> choose your source monitor. mine worked like this. I hope this one works for yall.

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

The above does not work. All LED's are dead following the PC being locked when using WE as a source for an LED theme

• 2 weeks later...

I disable iCue in Wallpaper engine and even doing that, every time i boot up, the final two led strips start freezing etc.

I quit wallpaper engine and everything is fine again.

Its wallpaper engine.

• 3 weeks later...

has there been any update following to this issue?