Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso Audio Quality Worse than Void Elite Wireless/Hs70 Pro/Hs50 Pro

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone! Just got a brand new headset: Corsair Virtuoso White, quality feels good, comfort mmmm worse than my olds Void Elite, but they are going to sound better than the void right? so it worths it! yeah, thats what i thought, but nope, i had Hs50 Pro, Hs70 Pro wireless and my curren Void elite Wireless, all of them, sounds better than this Virtuoso, but how? i dont know, sound quality or fidelity is..... similar? idk, i tried equalizing them, dont worked, but the thing that i hate more is the fact that i dont have almost any bass compared to the void elite, and the virtuoso sound is way quiet (less volume), so im very dissapointed and post my problem on a group, someone said me that it can be defective, but i need to know if is possible? i see this more of a design thing? idk but iwas happy with my voids, just wanted something better in quality, sound, practicality, none of them i found on other brands than Corsair, then i got one of the best of their headset and i got dissapointed 😞

Edited by VX2344

Hi everyone! Just got a brand new headset: Corsair Virtuoso White, quality feels good, comfort mmmm worse than my olds Void Elite, but they are going to sound better than the void right? so it worths it! yeah, thats what i thought, but nope, i had Hs50 Pro, Hs70 Pro wireless and my curren Void elite Wireless, all of them, sounds better than this Virtuoso, but how? i dont know, sound quality or fidelity is..... similar? idk, i tried equalizing them, dont worked, but the thing that i hate more is the fact that i dont have almost any bass compared to the void elite, and the virtuoso sound is way quiet (less volume), so im very dissapointed and post my problem on a group, someone said me that it can be defective, but i need to know if is possible? i see this more of a design thing? idk but iwas happy with my voids, just wanted something better in quality, sound, practicality, none of them i found on other brands than Corsair, then i got one of the best of their headset and i got dissapointed 😞

• Corsair Employees

Hey there! I'm sorry you are having these issues. Did the headphones come damaged or the earcups seemed off? Are your earcups fully on when you are using the headset (especially if you wear glasses)? That may be a reason why the bass or volume is off. Are you using the headset for gaming and/or media? 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Corsair Crimson said:

Hey there! I'm sorry you are having these issues. Did the headphones come damaged or the earcups seemed off? Are your earcups fully on when you are using the headset (especially if you wear glasses)? That may be a reason why the bass or volume is off. Are you using the headset for gaming and/or media? 

Hi! tks for the reply, Im using glasses, but i tried without them, i tried also with an aftermarket earcups, the headset come in perfcet condtions, im using the headset for both, i love to hear bass in gaming and in music, i mean the audio quality is not bad at all, my major problem is that this virtuoso sound with less volume and less bass than my old void elite and hs70 pro, headsets that are cheaper, i really enjoyed the high volume of my voids elite in gaming and in music, but this virtuoso really lack in that things, volume and bass, and i dont know why it seems like no other people have this problem, i even see people that uses 30% of the windows volume and they say that is so loud!, i dont have hearing problems, and i know that because im using currently both virtuoso and void elite, alternating them, and void are so much powerful on volume and bass 😞, i really like the overall quality of the headset but im kinda dissapointed of how in the same brand other headset sounds more "powerful" on volume and bass 😕 

Edited by VX2344

Posted (edited)

I have a set and I dislike the ear pads they use. They should have been over the ear not on your ear. As that makes them fit really bad for me as well. I have been looking for some replacement pads for mine and found these.

https://wickedcushions.com/products/corsair-virtuoso-replacement-earpads?_pos=1&_psq=Corsair&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=39891075563599

Make sure to set a  cutsom Eq for your taste as well. That helped me a good bit for my taste.

Edited by KILLER_K
  • Like 1

• Corsair Employees
11 hours ago, VX2344 said:

Hi! tks for the reply, Im using glasses, but i tried without them, i tried also with an aftermarket earcups, the headset come in perfcet condtions, im using the headset for both, i love to hear bass in gaming and in music, i mean the audio quality is not bad at all, my major problem is that this virtuoso sound with less volume and less bass than my old void elite and hs70 pro, headsets that are cheaper, i really enjoyed the high volume of my voids elite in gaming and in music, but this virtuoso really lack in that things, volume and bass, and i dont know why it seems like no other people have this problem, i even see people that uses 30% of the windows volume and they say that is so loud!, i dont have hearing problems, and i know that because im using currently both virtuoso and void elite, alternating them, and void are so much powerful on volume and bass 😞, i really like the overall quality of the headset but im kinda dissapointed of how in the same brand other headset sounds more "powerful" on volume and bass 😕 

No Problem! I'm sorry our Virtuoso headset is not up to your expectations. We always welcome feedback and I will try to bring this up to the team. Like Killer_K said, I would try different EQ settings and different positioning while wearing. If any issues arise with this situation, please feel free to contact our support team https://help.corsair.com 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Corsair Crimson said:

No Problem! I'm sorry our Virtuoso headset is not up to your expectations. We always welcome feedback and I will try to bring this up to the team. Like Killer_K said, I would try different EQ settings and different positioning while wearing. If any issues arise with this situation, please feel free to contact our support team https://help.corsair.com 

Thanks, i tried everything, i think im just going to continue with my old void elite, yeah the sound quality in therms of frecuencys like high ones are worse, but i enjoy the bass and the volume (now that i get acosstumeed to the virtuoso bass i only need more volume 😕 ), so im going to wait till hs80 come to my country 🙂 

Edited by VX2344