Jump to content
Corsair Community

Only getting max 800rpm on ml 120 elites


Recommended Posts

I have 3 ml 120 rgb elites on my h150i radiator (push)

I have only the elites on the h150i controller, all other fans on a separate controller.

I have tried various configs in the cooling section, but I can only get 600(balanced)-800rpm(extreme).

I have no issues getting my speeds on my other two computers, so curious if im overlooking something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The presets (quiet/balanced/extreme) are not low, medium, high switches. They are specific coolant temperature vs fan speed programmed curves. At lower coolant temps (under 28-30C H150i Temp) all three may be about the same. Unfortunately the preset control points are hidden from view. 
 

To address that, go to the cooling section and click + to create a new custom cooling curve. A graph will appear below. First, change the sensor to H150i Temp. This is the liquid temp and the proper control variable for water cooling. Then go to the lower right corner. There are 4 shape tools and 3 of them are copies of the three presets. When you hover over them it will identify the curve. Choose one, then change the fans above to run Custom 1. You can change this name to Custom Quiet or anything you like. 
 

This will allow you to do a few things. You can now see the control points. You can now move them to appropriate levels for your environment. Most people have a substantial change in room temp between Summer and Winter. And finally the custom curve also has fixed RPM and PWM % options so you can test your fans. 

Edited by c-attack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

The presets (quiet/balanced/extreme) are not low, medium, high switches. They are specific coolant temperature vs fan speed programmed curves. At lower coolant temps (under 28-30C H150i Temp) all three may be about the same. Unfortunately the preset control points are hidden from view. 
 

To address that, go to the cooling section and click + to create a new custom cooling curve. A graph will appear below. First, change the sensor to H150i Temp. This is the liquid temp and the proper control variable for water cooling. Then go to the lower right corner. There are 4 shape tools and 3 of them are copies of the three presets. When you hover over them it will identify the curve. Choose one, then change the fans above to run Custom 1. You can change this name to Custom Quiet or anything you like. 
 

This will allow you to do a few things. You can now see the control points. You can now move them to appropriate levels for your environment. Most people have a substantial change in room temp between Summer and Winter. And finally the custom curve also has fixed RPM and PWM % options so you can test your fans. 

I failed to mention I did indeed do a custom curve, with all fans on max and still 800rpm. This seems to be the max it will run. (The presets should have been running faster since the cpu is idling with temps 50-60c which is another issue im looking into.

 

I was really hoping to address the RPM issue prior to moving stuff around in the case. (Current doing push/pull on my top mounted rad, thinking about going to front as just push, but who knows.. if RPMs would normalize, might cure my heating issue as a whole.

 

Currently the software just doesnt run long enough without crashing now to even care. I swear every time I defeat one problem a new one comes up with my corsair crap 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dmnchild said:

(The presets should have been running faster since the cpu is idling with temps 50-60c

The presets also use coolant temperature as the control variable on the H150i, H150i XT, and H150i Elite Capellix (as well as all other Corsair AIO).  However, if you have a custom curve in place and it's set to 100% PWM or a specific RPM, it should follow.  

 

I have 4 ML-Elite 120s on a 64mm thick radiator.  They run at 2000 rpm when set to 100%, that is the expected target for you as well.  Nearly every time this comes up, it is a configuration issue with the fans not actually set to the custom curve or a misaligned sensor (control variable).  Can you clarify which H150i model you have?

 

If that's not it, then the next thing to look at is other control programs that might be interfering with fan control.  AIDA64 and HWiNFO can cause this when they attempt to poll the Corsair hardware at the same time.  If you are having lots of crashing or freezing issues, this does seem like the place to investigate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, c-attack said:

The presets also use coolant temperature as the control variable on the H150i, H150i XT, and H150i Elite Capellix (as well as all other Corsair AIO).  However, if you have a custom curve in place and it's set to 100% PWM or a specific RPM, it should follow.  

 

I have 4 ML-Elite 120s on a 64mm thick radiator.  They run at 2000 rpm when set to 100%, that is the expected target for you as well.  Nearly every time this comes up, it is a configuration issue with the fans not actually set to the custom curve or a misaligned sensor (control variable).  Can you clarify which H150i model you have?

 

If that's not it, then the next thing to look at is other control programs that might be interfering with fan control.  AIDA64 and HWiNFO can cause this when they attempt to poll the Corsair hardware at the same time.  If you are having lots of crashing or freezing issues, this does seem like the place to investigate.  

https://www.corsair.com/lm/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-ELITE-LCD-Display-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060062-WW

 

The h150i elite lcd with 360mm rad. coolant temp does seem to always be alright, cpu temp always fluxuates, I pulled the pump/block off the cpu thinking maybe i messed something up the first time, but it seems to be 100% good and seated well/evenly. Re did it all the same again, and still same issues as far as that part goes.

 

There seems to be serious issues with the software at this point (seems to be not only me now as well) with it crashing all the time, so im wondering if that has something to do with fan speeds. One time when I had to relaunch it, it did come back up and then allowed the fans to get to 1500rpm. but then the software crashed again and notta, back to 800. Ive also noticed sometimes the software allows my animated gif, sometimes it will for it back to the default stats image on the lcd. something very wonky going on since this last software update lol 😐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are definitely detection issues for the Commander Core and the LCD top, but if you are steady there that was the big battle. I know there is a thread going about GIF functionality but I have not followed it. However, if it’s dropping back to hardware mode that suggests the real issue is the Corsair Service is crashing/freezing. 
 

The next time you are unable to change fan speed manually, go to the CUE setting and click ‘restart Corsair Service’. See if they respond. It seems like there is a software disconnect between CUE and the hardware. Does your lighting or system temps in cue freeze up or flatline when this happens?  Sometimes the freezes are not so obvious because the lighting pattern hides the change. If you set a distinctly different hardware lighting for your fans than the software profile(s) it makes it easier to tell when it has dropped out. 
 

In CUE settings, turn on debug logging. Time to start a support ticket. After the next freeze, you can export the logs and put in the ticket. There seems to be an uptick in this behavior recently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...