Corsair Community

Radiators in 7000x iCue for new custom loop

Hi everyone, i am making a new pc, i've already bought the 7000x iCue case, and was planning to put a 480 mm XR7 radiator on the side panel or two 240mm XR5 radiators both always on the side panel, is it feasible or you have to mount a single radiator from 480mm? Honestly i don't want to put any more radiatrs on the front panel or on the top of the case. All this is because i am a little worried that with the 480 XR7 with the thickness of almost 6 cm the gans i want to put (the QL 120) are too weak to have an optimal cooling with such a thickness.

Tell me what you guys think πŸ˜€

with the added depth of the end tanks i doubt you'll be able to install two 240mm rads.

Since Corsair doesn't seem to offer a slimmer 480mm rad, there's no harm in looking if you can find a Hardware Labs GTS 480. They are the OEM for corsair radiators so it will look the part besides the absence of corsair logo on the side. It's 30mm thick, so the QL may struggle less, and it's basically what you're trying to achieve by stacking two 240 rads.

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to cool with that single rad? you may need to install at least 2 if you dont want the QL to blast your ears, if it's a beefy rig.

50 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to cool with that single rad? you may need to install at least 2 if you dont want the QL to blast your ears, if it's a beefy rig.

For now the CPU only, and is a i7 11700k, but I have to buy the GPU when the prices turn back to β€œnormal” cause mine is a bit old (1070 gaming x 8g from MSI), yeah for the 2 240 I was worried exactly about the dept of the end tanks

then the rad is totally overkill, the QL120 won't have any trouble keeping the CPU cool even with a XR7.

When you'll add a GPU though, airflow will start to matter more.

It will still work whatever GPU you throw at it, but the more rad surface you have, the slower the fans will be able to run (and the less fan static pressure will matter).

radiators aren't too expensive, so if you have a big case, it's a good idea to deck it out and use all the mounting space you paid for πŸ™‚

You then have the choice to trade silence for temps to your liking, even under heavy load.

With just one rad and GPU+CPU you pretty much have to run the fans fast all the time when under load

41 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

then the rad is totally overkill, the QL120 won't have any trouble keeping the CPU cool even with a XR7.

When you'll add a GPU though, airflow will start to matter more.

It will still work whatever GPU you throw at it, but the more rad surface you have, the slower the fans will be able to run (and the less fan static pressure will matter).

radiators aren't too expensive, so if you have a big case, it's a good idea to deck it out and use all the mounting space you paid for πŸ™‚

You then have the choice to trade silence for temps to your liking, even under heavy load.

With just one rad and GPU+CPU you pretty much have to run the fans fast all the time when under load

Do you think the 480 gts (when I have the GPU) it will be enough for both of us? On the upper side I wanted to have the fans visible both for external and internal and with outflow, perhaps on the front panel there could even be a push pull with inlet flow, as I would do with the side panel, but I'm not sure if the pump XD5 can be mounted back those fans in the front

• image.thumb.jpeg.db72f60546cbc17793de20c5b03cd840.jpeg
  • Β 

20220527_172507.jpg

20220527_172357.jpg

20220527_172635.jpg

20220504_165124.jpg

7000x witch 2x 420mm radiator and 11 ml elite fan.

I can't say about mounting two push pulls, could be worth checking that topic and maybe asking there for advice too :Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

9 hours ago, kampers said:

I have 2x XR5 420s with a total of 16 QL fans and 1 SP. It works and fits. Just fine.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, kampers said:

Very nice configuration, even these elite ML fans are very nice on that πŸ˜„

Edited by Andreapunk

13 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

I can't say about mounting

Β 

Thank you LeDoyen πŸ˜‰

Β 

5 hours ago, DevBiker said:

I have 2x XR5 420s with a total of 16 QL fans and 1 SP. It works and fits. Just fine.

Hi DevBiker,Β I have seen that you have tried several configurations. For you it would be better to have the radiator on the side with 4 x 120 QL fans with incoming flow and a front radiator with 6x 140 QL fans always in suction, or a radiator on the side as described above and one on the top of the case with 6 x 140 fans QL with outlet air flow? Did you notice obvious differences on the maintenance of the powder radiators with the different configurations?

But you can think about 1x420 and 2x 360 radiator:) i have ordered 1x 140 radiator to back case πŸ˜€

7 hours ago, kampers said:

But you can think about 1x420 and 2x 360 radiator:) i have ordered 1x 140 radiator to back case πŸ˜€

That works just fine as well. πŸ™‚

Β