Corsair Community

Connect external fan hub to Commander Core XT PWM output?

Oculares

Hello!
After giving google a good amount of time I stumbled in here. I've search the forum in here as well but could not find answer to my question.
Hopefully you guys can help me out.

I have recently completed my first custom water loop, which includes a Commander Core XT unit for fan control using the water temp as reference (my mobo lacks a  temp input).
I like iCue alot and I would like to continue doing so when I now plan to add 9 other fans for an external radiator setup.

So, do you know if it's possible to fetch the pwm signal from the Commander Core XT and send this further to an external fan hub? I would like to do it this way so I can control the 9 external fans with the water temp sent to the Commander Core XT as reference.

Power should not be an issue since both hubs have separate SATA power inputs.

Paint helped me out with this fancy picture below, I hope that helps understand my question.
Thanks in advance!

Commander Core XT to Arctic Fan HUB.jpg

Yes, the PWM hub is effectively like a powered splitter and the Commander XT will see the array as "1 fan".  Because the controller has a separate SATA power supply, there is no additional load on the Commander.  I have the PWM hub pictured and have been using it for several years with various Commanders.  Much easier for large radiators and I use two for a dual 480mm set up where it is not necessary to manage fans individually.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Yes, the PWM hub is effectively like a powered splitter and the Commander XT will see the array as "1 fan".  Because the controller has a separate SATA power supply, there is no additional load on the Commander.  I have the PWM hub pictured and have been using it for several years with various Commanders.  Much easier for large radiators and I use two for a dual 480mm set up where it is not necessary to manage fans individually.  

What an excellent reply, and in no time as well.
Thanks a lot!