Corsair Community

iCUE version 4.24.193

Hello,

This new version crash my pc randomly

This is whoscrashed report

On Wed 25/05/2022 14:50:41 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052522-13687-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x416B40) 
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x5E80FFE390, 0xF, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80548012B87)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug. 
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Wed 25/05/2022 14:50:41 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: cpuz153_x64.sys (cpuz153_x64+0x4542) 
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x5E80FFE390, 0xF, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80548012B87)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\temp\cpuz153\cpuz153_x64.sys
product: CPUID service
company: CPUID
description: CPUID Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug. 
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cpuz153_x64.sys (CPUID Driver, CPUID). 
Google query: cpuz153_x64.sys CPUID IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Please correct this and don't use very old CPUZ driver

Regards

• Corsair Employees

With the iCUE 4.24.xx update we updated the CPUID SDK to the most recent version. If you are experiencing a crash related to the CPUID then you likely are running additional third-party software that is running an out of date version. You will need to make sure that any software that has hardware monitoring is fully update, that you have updated your motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers, and that you also aren't actively running other third-party hardware monitoring software at the same time as iCUE.

i'm not agree with that, i only update icue from 4.23 to 4.24, my pc crash after that and in icue 4.24, i cannot see CPU temp of my i9 9900K and any other sensor, when i reinstall 4.23 => no crash and i can see cpu temp and other sensor.

thank you for drawing the right conclusions

Regards

On 5/25/2022 at 11:22 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

With the iCUE 4.24.xx update we updated the CPUID SDK to the most recent version. If you are experiencing a crash related to the CPUID then you likely are running additional third-party software that is running an out of date version. You will need to make sure that any software that has hardware monitoring is fully update, that you have updated your motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers, and that you also aren't actively running other third-party hardware monitoring software at the same time as iCUE.

im not agree with you. Your software causing the PC crashed!! u understand that?? why u need to blame other hardware that not up to date? even other software not up to date, it not crashing the system.!! your icue does it.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, FaizMy said:

im not agree with you. Your software causing the PC crashed!! u understand that?? why u need to blame other hardware that not up to date? even other software not up to date, it not crashing the system.!! your icue does it.

Your third party software is causing PC Crashes. I dont see any iCUE issues with your logs.

Edited by jjwrongjj
  • Like 1

Specifically they are telling you to update CPU-Z and that is the application flagged in report. You appear to be using version 1.53 which is at least 30-40 versions out of date. Current version is 2.01. I am surprised Windows didn’t remove it for you. Last round of Windows updates purged older cpu-z versions as incompatible with the OS. 

• 2 weeks later...

cpuz153_x64.sys is a component of icue installed by icue, so stop saying nonsense, if you have icue, see this directory => C:\Windows\temp\cpuz153\cpuz153_x64.sys, you have this component too. it has nothing to do with CPU-z software.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to chime in here;

Just finished a brand new build, with the H150i ELITE LCD mounted to a 12700K. I installed Windows 11 fresh, and the ONLY other thing I installed was the latest Nvidia drivers, and the iCUE software available as of July 20th.

In a 24 hour period, I had 5 BSOD occurrences originating from the cpuz153_x64.sys module installed by iCUE. To do a further process of elimination, I reinstalled Windows 11 from fresh and again ONLY installed the latest Nvidia drivers and iCUE. Within about 2 hours of idling, the system BSOD'd once again.

There does appear to be an issue with this cpuz153_x64.sys module. Is there any suggestions here, or should I simply leave iCUE uninstalled at this point?

Edited by ipetey
  • Like 2

Hi,

I want to add my contribution to this topic : I don't use CPU-Z to begin with. Two days ago, suddenly, my PC crashed. To be precise, it crashed everytime avast! was trying to do a smart scan and always with the same CPUZ153_x64.sys issue. My PC could run just fine as long as there was no scan at all.

I had another BSOD, this time with corsairLL64 or a file like that.

I did a clean uninstall of ICUE following these instructions : https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

And the last scan worked just fine. So, either there is some kind of incompatibilty between Avast! and ICUE right now or there is an issue with ICUE's current/last version.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Albator said:

Hi,

I want to add my contribution to this topic : I don't use CPU-Z to begin with. Two days ago, suddenly, my PC crashed. To be precise, it crashed everytime avast! was trying to do a smart scan and always with the same CPUZ153_x64.sys issue. My PC could run just fine as long as there was no scan at all.

I had another BSOD, this time with corsairLL64 or a file like that.

I did a clean uninstall of ICUE following these instructions : https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

And the last scan worked just fine. So, either there is some kind of incompatibilty between Avast! and ICUE right now or there is an issue with ICUE's current/last version.

Hello,

I want to second exactly the above (and thank Albator for the diagnostic/fix) - everything they have said happened to me, including CPUZ153x64 and the LL Corsair file. It happened near enough every time playing a YouTube video (or at least that's why I noticed it first), but then it happened every time I scanned with Avast; literally every single time.

I've just ran Avast now after the above fix with no issues for the first time, so there is a clear issue with iCUE at the very least, maybe compatability with Avast but because it's happened on Chrome with me too then I can't be sure of that.

• Like 1

Hi, having the same issue. Get a BSOD everytime Avast does a smart scan.

I did the unstall thing but did not work for me, still having BSOD's. I can turn down the Avast scans but whats the use of an anti-virus then. 

ps: using the latest 4.25.155 Icue version

Edited by Rozano

58 minutes ago, Rozano said:

Hi, having the same issue. Get a BSOD everytime Avast does a smart scan.

I did the unstall thing but did not work for me, still having BSOD's. I can turn down the Avast scans but whats the use of an anti-virus then. 

ps: using the latest 4.25.155 Icue version

Hey, just to double check, you need to do a full clean uninstall (and don't reinstall it) - including appdata and registry, as detailed here: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE- - a 'regular' uninstall probably won't do the job as the BSOD is being triggered by something 'under the hood' of iCUE.

If you reinstalled iCUE, it'll kick the error back off again; basically if you're having this error you can't use iCUE at the moment.

Edited by Tubey84

2 minutes ago, Tubey84 said:

Hey, just to double check, you need to do a full clean uninstall (and don't reinstall it) - including appdata and registry, as detailed here: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE- - a 'regular' uninstall probably won't do the job as the BSOD is being triggered by something 'under the hood' of iCUE.

yep that is what I did. step by step

1 hour ago, Rozano said:

yep that is what I did. step by step

Strange, sorry mate it worked for me - as soon as I reinstalled iCUE it started happening again, uninstalled and again the issue went away, so no idea what's causing your issue if you don't have iCUE installed. Maybe re-install Avast?

Oh sorry my bad,  I did not read the "don't reinstall it"

No I did the clean uninstall and step 14 said reinstall ICUE so I did that too. I thought that the 2 would work together after a clean reinstall. 

ok if I do not have ICUE on the PC there should not be a problem. But I would like a fix so I can use them both.     

meanwhile Avast says that they are already on the problem, hope they find a fix soon.

Edited by Rozano

I have the feeling that there is something bigger than the ICUE issue.

Let me explain :

Firstly I had cpuz152_x64 BSOD. Yes, not 153, 152. Then, there was barely any source about it on the internet and I found some italian guy talking about it. It was apparently about ASUS Armoury, which I deleted. Now, when I look it up on google, there are actually far more cases, all from this very month.

Then, it was 153 and, well, ICUE. And you know what I did. It did work.

At the same times, when I stop or restart Windows, I often have ASIO3.sys BSOD, which managed to corrupt a rtf file somehow. Yet, I did a lot of scans and my PC is OK. It works perfectly despite these BSOD. I never have them when I play video games or watch videos.

I tried to reinstall Armoury and got a msio64 or mslo64.sys blue screen.

So, when you think about it, it's often about drivers related to RGB softwares. And maybe there is something with avast too.

I hope that can help.

Edited by Albator