Corsair Community

Memory Failure & RMA

I have a pair of memory chips, one of which is failing memtest86.

I am planning to request an RMA or replacement in warranty.

Is it better / faster if I go through my reseller or directly with corsair support, given my location is Athens / Greece?

It depends on the location.  I can't say for sure in Greece, but in some countries RMA exchanges are handled through the vendor or authorized dealer in that country to cut down on international shipping.  If you have a friendly retailer who does not charge extra fees on the return, that likely is the best for you.  

5 hours ago, c-attack said:

It depends on the location.  I can't say for sure in Greece, but in some countries RMA exchanges are handled through the vendor or authorized dealer in that country to cut down on international shipping.  If you have a friendly retailer who does not charge extra fees on the return, that likely is the best for you.  

I am going to investigate the option going through a reseller, as he could help expedite the process with tests performed in house before RMA is claimed. The B2B RMA process must be faster in my opinion since a reseller holds stock of the products locally, don't you agree?

• Administrators

Just keep in mind that the store's warranty / RMA process is usually different from ours and we have no control over their process.

The EU Corsair RMA depot is in the Netherlands.

I was informed I will have a replacement in 3-5 days, including any technical checks they will perform,  which is acceptable for me. It is a reliable reseller after all.

Thank you for your time!