Corsair Community

Want directions option for custom wave (and possibly ripple) lighting type

gtaksa

The preset Color Wave lighting type has direction options but the customer wave with which I can do so much more does not. I have many LS100 strips as part of an extensive lighting set up around my monitors, speakers, and dj gear. I do a lot of custom profiles as you can do some amazing things with the LS100 strips if you have a number of them chained together. 

I literally did one where I spent hours setting up custom Gradient lighting types on every individual LED in on LT100 tower at very small time intervals from each previous one to create a wave pattern that goes in a continuous rectangle, left to right from LS100s across my speakers and monitors and down my LT100 tower on my right as the LT100 tower is limited to the custom wave only going up. Then there is another set of strips on the front of the desk setup going from right to left already and then finally up the LT100 tower on the left of my desk. The picture attached should give you the idea.

This would have been so much easier if the custom wave lighting type could go in the reverse direction. And there's so many other things I want and could do it the lighting type had that option.

Capture.JPG

The software is capable and it would be good to add this for the custom wave function. In the meantime, if you have a Corsair KB you can alter wave direction using the 360 degree vector entry, then copy it to the library and then the next RGB controller. The wave vector will be hidden, but still active. 

I don't have a Corsair KB but I've considered getting one. I use my keyboard for work and personal and don't like the feel of cherry mx or other typical gaming switches for typing. What is this 360 degree vector entry? Can you point me towards a link or something talking about it? I'm googling "corsair keyboard 360 degree vector entry" and variants of that and finding nothing about it.

Posted (edited)

There isn’t one. On the Corsair KBs you can assign a directional vector to your waves. 0 degrees is standard left to right, 90 vertical, and around you go. It’s a data entry field and accepts all values between 0 and 359. So I can assign 30 degrees to wave and it will travel diagonally across the board. Diagonals don’t have a lot of value for fans, but this does allow to control wave direction by assigning 0-90-180-270 to it.

However, this only applies to custom effects. It’s not there for presets. 

Screenshot (249).png

Edited by c-attack

Ok beautiful, thanks! So the saved lighting type in the library will retain that and just not show the degrees field when assigned to an LS100 strip. Much appreciated!

You can use the “two sides” switch to make it a ripple, but be aware the start/stop settings travel as well and may not work as intended. You can’t transfer a “on key press” effect to the fan/strip controllers. It will sit there dormant. 

• 4 weeks later...