Corsair Community

Only Keyboard + Mouse + Pad Lights in most Profile but NO FANS

I just swapped out 2 commander pros for 2 Commander Core XTs because I added LS100 + 3 x QL120 + 1 x QL140 to my system to go with 3 x ML140 & 3 x LL120.  Thats why I swapped to the Core XT for the wizard auto detect.  Anyway....  I've downloaded all the profiles on Corsairs site and only Titanium and Valorant profiles work with all my fans and light strips.  ALL OTHERS won't light anything inside my case.  As I cycle threw them all it goes blank until I hit those 2 profiles and then those work just fine.  Weirdest thing EVER!  Is there a way that I have to enable a particular device for each profile?  If so why do those 2 work?  If anyone can help I will be VERY GREATFUL!!  Thanks 🙂

In order for a shared profile to work with your gear, it must be specifically programmed for each device and all possible configurations.  Most of the profiles on Corsair's website pre-date the release of the Commander XT and thus there is no information for it.  If they were connected to a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Core most would, but that is not a good reason to switch hardware.  You can 'cover the gap' by taking lighting from the strips, KB, or any fans that do show and copying it to the Library.  Then copy it back into the Lighting Effects tab for the Commander XT.  You might need to tweak some tails and timings since QLs have more LEDs than other devices, but it is very effect dependent.  You also can compliment it with your own effects.  

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful reply 🙂