Corsair Community

Profile switch not working when iCUE isn't open

I'm new to iCUE, as I just bought a k60 Pro keyboard and set up the software. My friends have Corsair keyboards and I figured I'd upgrade to Corsair when my other keyboard broke. I setup a different profile for a game to use macros and other functions in iCUE. It's currently set to F12 on both the Default and "game" profile and I added a light indicator on the F12 key to light up when the game's profile was selected. It works perfectly fine and I'm able to swap between the two when I tap F12, but when I bootup my computer, F12 does nothing until I manually open iCUE. My friends claim they don't need to have the application open in order to swap, so I'm confused with what I'm doing wrong. 

Posted (edited)

CUE will start with Windows by default, but this can be disabled by the user and when enabled it can take 20-30 seconds after you get to the desktop. You should see your gear shift from Hardware lighting settings to the software profile lighting when this occurs. When F12 is not working, are you on your hardware lighting or software lighting scheme?  Is the CUE icon active on the task bar or ^ flyout menu?

Edited by c-attack

• Corsair Employees

When you say "F12 does nothing until you manually open iCUE," are you just bringing the iCUE window into the foreground by clicking on the iCUE icon in the Windows Taskbar notification area? Or is iCUE not running at all and you are manually launching the program?

19 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

When you say "F12 does nothing until you manually open iCUE," are you just bringing the iCUE window into the foreground by clicking on the iCUE icon in the Windows Taskbar notification area? Or is iCUE not running at all and you are manually launching the program?

I mean the latter. iCUE isn't running at all and I'm manually launching it. Does the program need to be opened in order to profile switch?

• Corsair Employees

Unless you have setup individual hardware profiles and saved them to the device, yes iCUE will need to be running in order to switch profiles, as the profiles you are attempting to switch between are software only based on how you explained it.

2 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Unless you have setup individual hardware profiles and saved them to the device, yes iCUE will need to be running in order to switch profiles, as the profiles you are attempting to switch between are software only based on how you explained it.

Oh okay. I looked up how to setup a hardware profile instead of the software ones I have now, and I do not have some of the options for setting it up. I'm on iCUE just as the guide is, so are some devices just not able to have hardware profiles?

• Corsair Employees

What exact options are you referring to?

• Corsair Employees

The K60 RGB Pro SE keyboard is only able to save a single Hardware Lighting effect to the keyboards onboard memory and is not able to save individual hardware profiles.