Corsair Community

Cannot get 2 xd3 pump/reservoir combos to show up on commander core xt

Can you connect 2 xd3 pumps to the commander core xt?  Currently only one pump is showing up, both temp sensors show up, but cannot control the second xd3 pump through icue.  The second pump was working but over the last 2 days all I get back is a clicking noise like the pump is trying to turn over but the coolant is not flowing.  I could really use someone else's knowledge, thank you in advance.

9 hours ago, Volcov said:

all I get back is a clicking noise like the pump is trying to turn over but the coolant is not flowing

This is always a strong warning sign and an indication of a physical problem. Contact Corsair Support or initiate an exchange through the vendor. 

I assume you mean both XD3 PWM connectors are on the Commander XT and #2 is not reporting. This likely a result of whatever internal malady has occurred. You can’t force it down to zero with the PWM control and it would still report. 

Yes both of the pwm connectors are plugged in the 4pin connectors on the commander core xt.  I'm starting to wonder if its a pressure issue with how I have the loop set up since I can still hear clicking from the pump itself?

Posted (edited)

do you have a diagram or a photo of the loop?

maybe simply in what order things are connected? it's a single loop or two loops?

Edited by LeDoyen

Specific to the XD3, that clicking is a bad sign. If you made a mistake and left a T-valve closed or ran two inlets and no outlet, you would have zero flow but it would still register a rpm (and a furious whir in the XD3). We can look at your loop(s), but with two XD3s on hand I suspect you have a good idea of what it should and should not sound like.