Corsair Community

iCUE H100i Elite Capellix AIO has no lights, not detected in iCUE or devices

Hello! Yesterday I built my PC using the the iCUE H100i Elite Capellix AIO. My specs are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B660M-A D4 LGA 1700 mATX Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400

GPU: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX3060TI-O8G

I also had the LCD upgrade kit and initially installed with that. Upon first turning on my PC, everything seemed to run correctly and at the time the LCD displayed a temperature and had a ring light. I shut it off, did cable management, then turned it back on and it displayed a red warning sign with no ring light. In iCUE, my commander core appears but not the AIO or LCD itself. I proceeded to do the following:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE by deleting all registry info and app data

- Forced updated the commander core

- Changed the location of the USB header

- Checked and rechecked my connections

- Changed out the SATA cable

- Turned off my PSU for 30 seconds and turned it back on

Nothing changed the status of the red warning light, and the ring light never lit up. I eventually gave up and decided just to swap out the LCD for the the stock AIO pump head and removed the USB splitter, but the pump head has no lights and the AIO is still not recognized in iCUE. I opened a ticket but was wondering if someone might have any advice. Thanks!

This is a general problem with connectivity and functionality experienced by Elite LCD owners. Based on the steps you’ve already taken, I suspect you’ve seen the main discussion thread. Triggers seem to vary, but usb connectivity is part of this. Try running both usb 2 connectors directly to the MB and not on the splitter and definitely not through a usb passthrough port like on the Commander Pro or XT.

I don’t know how much data we have for B660 boards, but AMD boards for the last several generations are a bit light on voltage at the USB ports. Those users have needed a powered usb hub for both number of connections and as a voltage boost. Similarly, some users have had success by using a usb 3->2 conversion cable to take advantage of that port. It’s not clear if higher voltage or different chipset path allocation helps with that, but it is another option especially if you only have 1 usb 2 header. 

16 hours ago, lyannas said:

Hello! Yesterday I built my PC using the the iCUE H100i Elite Capellix AIO. My specs are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B660M-A D4 LGA 1700 mATX Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400

GPU: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX3060TI-O8G

I also had the LCD upgrade kit and initially installed with that. Upon first turning on my PC, everything seemed to run correctly and at the time the LCD displayed a temperature and had a ring light. I shut it off, did cable management, then turned it back on and it displayed a red warning sign with no ring light. In iCUE, my commander core appears but not the AIO or LCD itself. I proceeded to do the following:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE by deleting all registry info and app data

- Forced updated the commander core

- Changed the location of the USB header

- Checked and rechecked my connections

- Changed out the SATA cable

- Turned off my PSU for 30 seconds and turned it back on

Nothing changed the status of the red warning light, and the ring light never lit up. I eventually gave up and decided just to swap out the LCD for the the stock AIO pump head and removed the USB splitter, but the pump head has no lights and the AIO is still not recognized in iCUE. I opened a ticket but was wondering if someone might have any advice. Thanks!

I have the same situation as you. All of the tricks or solutions from forum arent working for me. I have no additional idea, what i schould try else....

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

This is a general problem with connectivity and functionality experienced by Elite LCD owners. Based on the steps you’ve already taken, I suspect you’ve seen the main discussion thread. Triggers seem to vary, but usb connectivity is part of this. Try running both usb 2 connectors directly to the MB and not on the splitter and definitely not through a usb passthrough port like on the Commander Pro or XT.

I don’t know how much data we have for B660 boards, but AMD boards for the last several generations are a bit light on voltage at the USB ports. Those users have needed a powered usb hub for both number of connections and as a voltage boost. Similarly, some users have had success by using a usb 3->2 conversion cable to take advantage of that port. It’s not clear if higher voltage or different chipset path allocation helps with that, but it is another option especially if you only have 1 usb 2 header. 

Thanks for the reply. I’ll give it a shot but I’m not sure if this explains why I’m having the same issue with the standard AIO pump head (not the LCD). Even with the standard pump head it is not recognized in iCUE and the pump head has no lighting. Yet all the fans work and the tubes vibrate so I assume the AIO itself is working. Here’s what it looks like with both pump heads for reference:

https://imgur.com/gallery/lpXmy1f

Since my other fans and RGB are fine I can’t help but feel like I have a problem with the pump head itself or potentially the 20 pin port in the commander core.  I have no way to test this without spending another $150 on a new AIO, Since I’m in the window to initiate a return, shall I send my unit back to BestBuy or do I need to do an RMA?

The SATA cables supply power.  If you never install CUE, the AIO should run and change fan speed in accordance with coolant temp.  The USB is the software to device communication.  This is what allows you to control it and alter settings.  If you look in CUE and do not see the pump AIO picture, then there is a USB issue.  If you look in CUE and see the Commander Core device picture and not the AIO, try full shutdown and then reseat the "mini 24 pin cable" on the side and take note of the white mark.  When that cable is connected, it should show the AIO pump.

It's not clear if there is a hardware defect, a problem with the software, or one of the old MB->hardware voltage issues.  Only the first gets fixed by replacement or RMA.  You might start the support ticket as a possible option and to log the continuing issue.  

I suspect you were working from this:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052297652-What-to-do-when-your-Elite-Capellix-liquid-CPU-cooler-is-not-detected-by-iCUE