Corsair Community

Switching profiles in icue disconnects audio from discord channel and this is an old problem not addressed.

Switching profiles in icue messes with audio settings in both icue and disconnects audio while in a discord voice channel. A post from a year ago was replied to saying the fix was to run discord in windows 7 compatibility mode and as administrator. No only does this not consistently work, its almost been a year with no update fix from an original post about this around a year ago!

• Corsair Employees
On 5/8/2022 at 9:57 AM, Robmorth said:

Switching profiles in icue messes with audio settings in both icue and disconnects audio while in a discord voice channel. A post from a year ago was replied to saying the fix was to run discord in windows 7 compatibility mode and as administrator. No only does this not consistently work, its almost been a year with no update fix from an original post about this around a year ago!

We are aware of the issue and the work around is to run it in compatibility mode. Please note that the issue is not with the iCUE software or our audio driver, and is a bug with Discord itself. If you require assistance we would recommend that you reach out to their support directly.

• 1 month later...

This is still an issue

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 6/13/2022 at 1:48 AM, Huth said:

This is still an issue

11 hours ago, SlashNDash said:

I'm also having this problem.

Have you contacted Discord support as suggested by Corsair Notepad?

On 5/10/2022 at 5:55 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

We are aware of the issue and the work around is to run it in compatibility mode. Please note that the issue is not with the iCUE software or our audio driver, and is a bug with Discord itself. If you require assistance we would recommend that you reach out to their support directly.

• 1 month later...

I just realise the my ticket isnt public here what I said to discord support

POST TO DISCORD ISSUE:

Are you guys aware of this issue ? Switching ICUE profile manually or with EXE process cause issue with audio while in discord voice chat.

Apperently corsair says that the issue is from discord and that you apperently provided a work arround that is to run discord on compatibility mode windows 7. Corsair clearly say that discord is the issue but to be honnest I used Icue since many years now and all I have is issue. Tho I need it so im stuck with it.
I just want to confirm where the issue reside... Discord or corsair.....
And get it fix since many gamers since 2021 strugle with the very bad issue.

here are the 2 related corsair forum post.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/177898-switching-profiles-in-icue-disconnects-audio-from-discord-channel-and-this-is-an-old-problem-not-addressed/

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/168365-switching-profiles-messes-up-audio-driver/

What part of the app is impacted?

Voice Chat 

What other part of the app is impacted?

What client?

Windows 

Device Manufacturer

Device Manufacturer

Browser Type

Device Model

Operating System

Please describe your bug in one sentence below. Avoid using non-descriptive words like "it glitches" or "its broken"

Yes 

Steps to Reproduce

Install ICUE and discord have a corsair headset, mine is Void pro wireless make some profiles on icue be in discord voice channel play arround swiching profile on icue and the sound input from your mic and maybe the audio itself should stop working. to fix it deco-reconnect on the voice channel OR reassign mic and speak device in discord settings. 

Expected Result

switching icue profiles without mess 

Actual Result

audio and mic gets bugged and there is a output in the even viewer ============================== Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.22000.832, time stamp: 0x3137de8b Faulting module name: CorsairGamingAudioPO64.dll, version: 2.3.41.0, time stamp: 0x62904d6e Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000000e8a4 Faulting process id: 0x32b4 Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b198ec6e21fc Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\CorsairGamingAudioPO64.dll Report Id: 1f485bb0-8ded-49af-a475-6c016d221c43 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: ============================== ============================== Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 10.0.22000.832, time stamp: 0x3137de8b Faulting module name: 9EarsSurroundSound.dll, version: 1.2.2.59494, time stamp: 0x5d4af105 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000001d2cfe Faulting process id: 0x7b60 Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b1951c198c05 Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\9EarsSurroundSound.dll Report Id: a6e125bc-c6ce-4c24-921c-8f87bed58627 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: ============================== 

Discord Client Info

Stable 141635 (01b73aa) Host 1.0.9006 Windows Server 2008 R2 / 7 64-Bit (6.1.7600) 
Edited by PantACRO4life
typing